Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #1 
loppy656

Wink Camera for picts of fish??

My fish pictures always turn out blurry. I have a $100 Kodak digital camera. I would like to get a good camera for taking pictures of my fish. Do I need something that has a manual focus? Maybe part of the problem is that the auto-focus is focusing on the tank instead of the fish. My pictures also seem grainy when they get blown up to full screen so I am wondering what resolution I need. I see so many great fish pictures on here that I am wondering how you do it! I found this Canon Rebel EOS SX at the store that I want for a Xmas present but it's really expensive.
Name:  DSCI0413.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  56.3 KB
loppy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I have two cameras. My point and shoot is a Kodak AF that has 8.2 mega pixels and 3x optical zoom and it takes great pictures of my fish. I think it was around $200. I also have a Nikon D40 that was $400, but I don't use that for my fish.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:05 PM   #3 
cindylou

Talking

I have a pentax and when I take pics. I put it on super macro. Thats how I get the pics I do. Try putting it on that. Let me know if that works.
cindylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:17 PM   #4 
AlexXx

Its simple: the more expensive the better usually lol. But a manual focus is pretty important for getting good clear shots of a fish.
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:07 PM   #5 
loppy656

ok thanks. any other ideas? =)
Old 12-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #6 
iamtetsuo

Well the Canon Digital Rebel series will take great photos of fish, depending on what kind of lens you get. But if you don't know much about cameras it's probably more than you need. Try Canons higher end point and shoots. Their G series and S_ IS series are really powerful, and are about as good as you're going to get from a point and shoot digital camera.

I have a Rebel XTI, with a 50mm lens and it takes amazing photos. I also have a Canon S3 IS (older model of the S_ IS series) which takes good photos, great videos, and has an AMAZING macro capability (you can focus on things that are almost touching the lens!).

If you're still in school/college see if you can take a photography course. It will make you a far better photographer. If you're not there are a lot of books on photography that can help you become a much better photographer.
iamtetsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:12 PM   #7 
loppy656

thanks that really helps. =3