Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-15-2009, 07:40 PM   #1 
iheartmyfishies

Potential Mall Rescue

I'm going to the mall now and my mall sells bettas. It's so sad!!! They're all so lethargic and each one is housed with an ADF even if its in a bowl the size of a softball! If I can convince my mom to let me, I think I'm coming home with a betta tonight. Sorry I have been gone so long. I was getting my life together lol.
iheartmyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:44 PM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Welcome back! I bought Valentino one of my VTs from a mall close to me and he was in the smallest cup, smaller than Petco and Petsmarts and he's gotten so big I've had to put him in his own tank and his fins are soooo long! I'm so glad I bought him. I hope you get one!
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:53 PM   #3 
iheartmyfishies

Well no dice. All the bettas there were either diseased or already dead. o.o I went there yesterday and someone must have bought like five because there were a bunch missing. That's good I guess. Oh well I guess I'll just have to look somewhere else.
iheartmyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:15 PM   #4 
iamtetsuo

Rescuing fish isn't that great of an idea. You're giving the people who treat their fish that way your money, telling them "hey people who see our fish like this buy them out of pity! We'll make a fortune!" As tough as it is you should just stay away from those places. I found a wonderful local aquarium store who treated their bettas very well. Kept them in good sized bowls (well at least good sized for fish who are looking for a permanent home), and all except one of them were healthy and happy. I had to pay more than what you would pay at a bigger store, but in the end he was definitely worth it.
iamtetsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #5 
ScuitoAmi150

WOw, that is really small tank to keep them with an ADF! I hope you can save one
ScuitoAmi150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #6 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
Potential mall rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtetsuo View Post
Rescuing fish isn't that great of an idea. You're giving the people who treat their fish that way your money, telling them "hey people who see our fish like this buy them out of pity! We'll make a fortune!" As tough as it is you should just stay away from those places. I found a wonderful local aquarium store who treated their bettas very well. Kept them in good sized bowls (well at least good sized for fish who are looking for a permanent home), and all except one of them were healthy and happy. I had to pay more than what you would pay at a bigger store, but in the end he was definitely worth it.
to tell the truth, this can go two ways, one a single betta is being rescued, but at the same time stores bring in more.

and also I hope you get one

Last edited by dramaqueen; 12-16-2009 at 06:09 PM.
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:18 PM   #7 
lilyrazen

Yeah I got to the same mall and they dont carry anything but veil tail and the bowl things were FILTHY and they sold them to be kept in that little bowl too. They had ONE in a vase and one in an unfiltered 2 gallon but all were VERY sick or dead/dying. I hate all the fish stores around me exept PETCO! Petco has really pretty fish and theyre almost all always healthy. I would go petsmart but I hate that they buy from RainBowPets and they're bettas are sad looking :(.
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:02 PM   #8 
iamtetsuo

The Petsmart here treats all of their fish very nice, EXCEPT for their Bettas. I bought my food and most of my tank accessories from them because they had the best prices, but decided not to get my betta from them, despite the fact that they had two beautiful healthy new arrivals. Of course the rest of their stock looked very sad with numerous bettas suffering from ick or other diseases, poor water levels, and a couple of dead ones.
iamtetsuo is offline   Reply With Quote