Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-16-2009, 11:57 AM   #1 
nochoramet

Question Question of betta morals here

Ok so at this Wal-Mart there is a betta fish that has been there for almost 3 months now, no joke. He has been there since I got my first bettas, back in September. The poor baby doesn't have a nose... he has a underbite that looks scary it's so severe.. and of course no one wants him. My S.O. said Sunday, they had the poor thing in less than an inch of water and it was green and nasty... of course my S.O. changed the water in his cup and cleaned it out and put conditioner in it. He's a betta enthusiast as well. My problem is... I really don't have much room for him now. But he's tugging on my heartstrings like you would not believe! My S.O. doesn't have room at ALL for him, so... would it be better for me to rescue the poor little fellow and give him at least a small bit of comfort or leave him there to eventually die? What do I do?!?! I even have a name for the little guy (either Tugs or Bowser...) but idk... what to do what to do...
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Awwww that's so sad! I would get him if you knew that no one is going to buy him. Even if you stuck him in a 1G bowl, it's better than those stupid cups and he'd be loved. :)
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:06 PM   #3 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
hmm, this is a testimony of kindness, so I would say, you can only save so many, this is not cruel, because some already have their fate sealed, I'm sorry, but I would let him go...
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #4 
ScuitoAmi150

DEfinitely buy him! Poor little guy. anything is better than those cups
ScuitoAmi150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:11 PM   #5 
nochoramet

I really really want to get him, because the employees are basically waiting for him to die. the rest of the bettas have plenty of water in their cups... but poor little Bowser. I think I have room for one more. At least to give him some comfort. he has got to be tough to have lived this long and still be alive, even without a nose... I'll wait and see what a few more people say. If yes, I'll go and get him tonight :]
Old 12-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #6 
DragonFish

I'd ask for a discount on him, if not for free. If they try to argue, point out that hes been there for months and its clear no one will take him otherwise. If they still refuse to give him to you for free or discounted, then, as hard as it may be, walk away....You shouldn't pay full price for him no matter what, thats just rewarding them for keeping him and others in such bad condition, IMO.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #7 
nochoramet

Actually I was just about to say that I am going to raise cane if I get him. I will insist on getting him free. Because that's just cruel. but trust me, I wasn't going to just meekly buy him and walk out.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #8 
ScuitoAmi150

Quote:
Originally Posted by nochoramet View Post
I really really want to get him, because the employees are basically waiting for him to die. the rest of the bettas have plenty of water in their cups... but poor little Bowser. I think I have room for one more. At least to give him some comfort. he has got to be tough to have lived this long and still be alive, even without a nose... I'll wait and see what a few more people say. If yes, I'll go and get him tonight :]
I think you could save him and that is a cool name
ScuitoAmi150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:23 PM   #9 
nochoramet

Thanks:] Bowser just seems to fit because he looks so grumpy with that crazy underbite that he has. but I like Tugs as well because that's what he's doing to my heart right now.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:41 PM   #10 
ChristinaRoss

hmmm...........well i cant say i agree on the get him for free or else its rewarding the store for keeping him like that. it WILL be rewarding to the FISH to be rescued, free or otherwise.

I vote if hes tugging at your heartstrings like this, GO GET HIM!

at least he will be better taken care of, and presumably thrive in your care....hes one tough lil guy so far
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote