Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #1 
lilyrazen

Aww, man! Not the Dentist too!

I TOTALLY forgot that my dentist has a betta. Soo sad, kept in a less than 1/2 gallon vase that had DISGUSTING water and the poor boy (red VT) was swimming around so fast I couldn't see him! They used to have him in a convex vase that must've made him feel blind and I never thought about it but now that I am educated I feel horrible for him! I wish I had room i'd steal him away!
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:21 PM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Awww! Poor thing! I would've hid the vase in my coat.lol
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #3 
Romad
TFK Moderator

tell them you'll take care of their fish properly for a discounted rate on dental work
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:23 PM   #4 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
you know you could give him new advice, But I agree with bettaxfishxcrazy
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:46 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

You could tell them that if they don't want him anymore then you'd be glad to take him off their hands.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:04 PM   #6 
fishmadcraig

I agree with the above, If you can get a 1gallon then he will be in his element bless him. Now you must feel obliged to take the little guy on? :P
fishmadcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:16 PM   #7 
TigerLily

Just because they don't know what they're doing, doesn't have to mean that they don't want him. Could you imagine if someone had considered stealing our fish when we were still in the dark about proper care? I would offer some pointers on correct care for bettas and see what happens. They may just need a nudge in the right direction.
TigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:19 PM   #8 
lilyrazen

I know they don't really pay attention to them because they were surprised when I crawled over there every few minutes to watch him swimming :D
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:35 PM   #9 
DragonFish

Heres what I'd do and, in fact, what I have done in my younger brothers class: Go up to whomever is at the desk as ask if you can clean out the vase while your waiting. Mention you keep bettas at home and try and strike up a friendly conversation about them. If they ask questions and seem interested, take the opportunity to kindly educate them. If they don't seem interested, ask a few questions about the betta yourself and feel it out.....and if the right opportunity arises, you could offer to take him home.

I've developed a good relationship with my brothers teacher over their classroom betta and she seems much more curious and willing to learn then I first anticipated. Some people are just misinformed, you may be surprised how much they care after they learn ;)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #10 
puppyrjjkm

I know it's so sad! We did secret santas this week in my spanish class and someone's was a betta! He was in a 1/2 gallon bowl with just gravel. He was a pretty little crowntail, no heater, and a bunch of old pellets floating at the top. :( I wanted to take him home!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote