Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-20-2009, 09:55 PM   #1 
DefyingGravity

My first purchase from AquaBid!

I just purchased a beautiful girl off AquaBid. She works out to be $63AUD once quarantine fees and shipping fees come into play, but I know I'm never going to see a girl like this in our stores here in Adelaide.

I'm not sure how long it will take her to get here (probably awhile) so hopefully it will give me some time to learn as much about breeding as I can. Daddy dearest is going to MURDER me when I start breeding.. lol

I'm curious to what her colours would look like with both Dean & Castiel. She may end up becoming a very busy young lady :P
Attached Images

DefyingGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:01 PM   #2 
doggyhog

WOW!! Very vibrant colors!!!!!!!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:11 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Ooooh, she's sooo pretty!!!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:15 PM   #4 
DefyingGravity

Hopefully she is still that colour when she arrives. I wasn't going to get her because she was so expensive, but I told my brother, and he convinced me to get her after he saw her (I really should stop listening to him.. he is willing to spend $100 on one fish!! lol)

Mum & Dad thought she was beautiful as well, so I took that as approval to get her without actually asking :P (Man it sucks being 21 and still having to ask for pets!)
Old 12-20-2009, 10:18 PM   #5 
bettamama

Ha, you're telling me. I am almost 21 and I can't even have my fish here. I have to keep them all at my boyfriends apartment..and his is an effiency as we are saving up for our own place. So I have 4 tanks in a small one roomed apartment. It's quite amusing. On top of that, we aren't allowed to even have pets, but they said we could have A fish. Haha...we took advantage of that. So you're lucky you can keep them at home. I love your avatar, btw.
bettamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:24 PM   #6 
DefyingGravity

Thank you :) That is Castiel, he was the last boy I got :) I have three tanks (one big one for Dean & Sammy which is split), Castiel's and then a tank which will be set up for breeding. I have a small tank at my boyfriends which will probably become my new girls home. (I think I might call her Ruby. Need to stick with my Supernatural theme!) and then my brother has a massive 7 foot tank as well (he is 27, and just moved back home to save for a house, and ended up buying the tank instead! lol)

When he moves out, I told mum I'm going to get a 6 foot tank and divide it heaps so I can have heaps of Bettas in there. She told me to keep dreaming :(
Old 12-20-2009, 10:40 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Try being 48 and having your mother telling you what to do all the time. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:45 PM   #8 
diruak

She is GORGEOUS!!! If you happen to breed her with an orange male, orange is next on my list after a black orchid. As for the 21 thing, I keep my fish at the dorm, but my parents are all like "eww you have to take care of them blah blah blah" and then my dad tries to tell me how to take care of them.
diruak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:46 PM   #9 
DefyingGravity

Lol, I love my parents dearly, I'd even consider my mum one of my best friends, but I think if I was 47 and still had her telling me what to do, I think I'd go crazy!

And just on a side note... someone get me off Aquabid; I want these babies!

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1261450912

diruak, luckily my parents dont say much about me having them. Dad complains about the electricity bills but thats it, but seeing I'm getting extra fish now I think I might give him some extra board to pay for it. He used to be big on fish as well, so he pretty much just lets us go, and sometimes helps with the feeding :)

Last edited by DefyingGravity; 12-20-2009 at 10:48 PM. Reason: didn't want to post twice in a row
Old 12-20-2009, 10:49 PM   #10 
dr2b

She is so so gorgeous!!
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote