Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-21-2009, 12:53 PM   #1 
jamesmoua

Exclamation Several Questions

Hi. I was wondering if there is any medicine that could help the betas to grow their tales back? If there is one what would it be called? Well and I was reading some posts about beta mating and I was wondering if anyone could show me how the female beta would look like when she's ready to mate?
jamesmoua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:56 PM   #2 
lilyrazen

Well, to grow back fins, you could use many different types of medication. you might want to look into whether it's tail biting or fin rot, and a lot of people use aquarium salt for either. Can you answer some questions like : When did you notice the missing piece(s)? How fast did they appear? How long have they been there?
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #3 
Jupiter

Clean water and salt will help a lot. And yes, posting more info about your fish and his tank can help us help you.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:23 PM   #4 
kelly528

Agreed with the above. The most important medication you can give your fish is clean water, hands down. In order to maintain good water, you will need to have a decent-sized tank and an appropriate cleaning schedule. Doesn't get much simpler than that.

Some medicines will actually have adverse effects on fish. To fix the problem you need to eliminate the cause. So if your betta's fins are rotting because, say, you keep him in a cup and clean it once a week, dumping in medicine will do more harm than good. But if you go out and buy him a 2 gallon tank and a heater and keep it really clean, then put the medicine in, it will help.

Without knowing your tank sze and cleaning schedule the only definite advice I can give you is to stay away from BettaFix, MelaFix and BettaRevive.
kelly528 is offline   Reply With Quote