Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #1 
CodeRed

General Updates

So, I'm sure a couple of you have noticed that I don't post as often as I used to, or then again I could just be vain :P Anyways, I thought I'd post a little bit of the goings on of my little family.

Deimos has finrot that he is recovering nicely from. He's rays are coming back, and he still loves to flare at his old enemy, Skittles. (Deimos once jumped over a divider into Skittles' tank, and got beaten down.

Ace is wonderful. Nothing can phase this fish.

Same with Maxamillion. He accidentally got left overnight in a cup while being acclimated to the water, and in the morning he glared at me, wondering what the heck that was for

Tai has been going through fin rot issues as well, thanks to the cold weather outside. However, he too is beating it down, and laughing in it's face.

Devin has long been fighting fin rot, and while the cold has made it a little worse, it's still nothing to be overly worried about. Meds and a little TLC should clear that up... again.

Sherbet is amazing. AMAZING. I've never had any issues with this fish, and I won't start now.

Vulcan is doing worse again. Maracyn worked for about 2 days, then the fungal infection whomped it, and came back in full force. ): I don't know what to do with him anymore...

Bliss has also been struck by the fin rot monster, but he, too, is besting it. A little bit of Maracyn and Maracyn 2 has done wonders for him.

Shani still has SBD issues, but she's getting along. She still has spirit, and loves being surrounded by guys again (:

Last of all, Skittles is... stunning. He's my double tail, and he's never had a problem in his life. He THRIVES in his home, despite it being somewhat bare (I removed all gravel in the tanks, to make for easier cleaning).

And then, last of all, my baby...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqzQNVmz6K4

Since I've said relatively little about her, I'll say it now.
Ariston is a (I think) female amel (I know that one) corn snake, of an undetermined age. Amel means she's lacking the black of normal corn snakes. She takes a small pinky every Monday, then gets to sit for about 3 days while she digests. She has eaten all three times offered, and even shed for me once (: She's healthy, happy (I hope), and extremely active. There's a couple of pictures in there where I caught her scaling the wall of her vivarium, after waking up at like, 12, and turning on the lights I had to take some pictures.
Anyways, she could be from 4 to 6 feet when she's fully grown, which is usually at around 3 years old. All I know of her age is that she's probably not a year old yet (:
Anyways, I hope that's enough. Any questions, whether about her or my bettas, are welcome :D

Oh, and the reason I haven't been very active is 1, school has been getting harder; 2, I'm on the corn snake forum, too; 3, Christmas, and my birthday, is coming up (same day :D).

Edit: And yes, in the video, she DID climb up and on top of the camera a couple of times :D She LOVES to explore.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:49 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Cool video! Don't be giving the corn snake forum more time than this forum! lol Just teasing. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:59 PM   #3 
TigerLily

Nice video and a very beautiful snake.
TigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:56 PM   #4 
CodeRed

haha, don't worry. I'm there so much because I'm just trying to figure everything out, just like I had to with the bettas. As soon as everything becomes clear, I'll be back here. I DO have nine more bettas than snakes, after all :D
And thanks for the compliments. I do believe I love the little girl.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

It sounds like you're learning a lot about corn snakes. It's great that you're learning all you can about them. She's very pretty.Do they come in different colors?
Old 12-19-2009, 10:07 PM   #6 
CodeRed

Oh, there are hundreds of possibilities (: They're just about, if not the same, as bettas in that way. New morphs, as they're called, are being discovered all the time. It's really cool :D Amel is one of the more common, along with the classic morph, which was what Loki was.
And I am learning a lot, since I don't want to make the same mistake I made with Loki. I don't want to lose another baby (:
Old 12-19-2009, 10:10 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

What mistake did you make with Loki, if you don't mind me asking. I know you said he had some kind of mites.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:18 PM   #8 
CodeRed

Really, first of all it wasn't checking for mites, not quarantining him long enough, not getting him a good heater or thermostat, and so on and so forth. Newbie mistakes, and ones I won't repeat again.
The website I got to is almost exactly same format as the bettafish.com, which is a HUGE help, there are tons of people on there (a LOT of breeders, big time ones), and a lot of other newbies who are polite and easy to befriend. In a way, it's almost exactly like this site (: It makes it easy to realize what you've done wrong, and fix it quickly.
But I still love my bettas, and I still love my furred friends, and I now love my snake friend. I have enough love in my heart for all of them. Just have to forget about my brother
Old 12-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Well, we all make mistakes and luckily, we have forums like this to help us and support us. Any plans on getting another snake? lol Are they easy to get addicted to? lol
Old 12-19-2009, 10:31 PM   #10 
CodeRed

Actually, yes, there are plans for a second :P They are just as easy as bettas to get addicted to.