Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-22-2009, 08:57 AM   #1 
diruak

Bubbles?

The tank I have Cosmo in came with an air stone which of course creates bubbles in the tank. His tank is kind of small, but its what I have for now, and my dad thinks the bubbles will stress him out. I didn't really notice him acting weird or anything, he's extremely active, eats normal, all that jazz. If I take the air stone out it will give him a tiny bit more room, but when I take it out he thinks its feeding time. I took it out right now and he's just staring at the top of the tank. Should I leave the air stone out or is there a reason to put it back in?
diruak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:14 AM   #2 
bearwithfish

bubbles break up the surface tension wich helps keep oxygen in the water... in my opinion in a small tank with out normal filtration unless you are changing water daily i would use the air stone.. i know that Betta's breath air but i would still leave it in... again just my opinion
bearwithfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #3 
diruak

no worries about your opinion, that's what I'm asking for, so you think with the aire stone its helping him breathe better? I have no filter in the tank, and I change the water once or twice a week. he seems to like the bubbles that gather at the top of his tank from the stone, I just want to keep him happy
Old 12-22-2009, 09:26 AM   #4 
bearwithfish

yeah i think the bubbles are a good thing... and as others have said with such a small home the happier the better.... you are in a dorm? how about a few of those 1 gal corner tanks from wal-mart? i know they are still a bit small bit way better than the "cup" size deals they sell them in..... not attempting to be a punk in any way just expressing some thoughts
Old 12-22-2009, 09:38 AM   #5 
diruak

Cosmo isn't in a cup, his tank is doing ok for the dorm, it's probably about equal to corner tanks at walmart, just no filter. It has a light though and that's keeping the water warm enough. I just don't have room in the dorm. All of our furniture is standard provided, and its all super tall, so his tank is troublesome enough because I'm super short and I have to keep it up high due to having no low table. My sister just got rid of her hermit crabs though so now there's a 5 or 10 gallon tank in our basement that I can setup when I move out, but I can't have it in the dorm so he's going to have to deal for now.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:46 AM   #6 
bearwithfish

just askin.........
Old 12-22-2009, 09:47 AM   #7 
diruak

no worries, i understand the concern
Old 12-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #8 
andreig09

having your water oxigenated (altough the bettas breathe air) helps ypu to have water cleaned so i suggest you to keep the air bomb in the tank
andreig09 is offline   Reply With Quote