Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-22-2009, 07:44 AM   #1 
diruak

nom NOM nom

So I think this is one of my favorite things about my bettas, they know when it's feeding time. Eric knows when I get close to his bowl it's time to eat, he just stares at me or tries so hard to swim to me, when I get above his bowl he comes to the surface and then attacks his food. Cosmo knows when the bubbles disappear in his tank that it's time to eat, so he will swim to the top and just stare. It's too cute!!! Do your bettas do any fun/goofy stuff?
diruak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:26 AM   #2 
doggyhog

Oh yeah.... I have two that swim back and forth and back and forth and then make the pellets sink! LOL they are so funny.

Then Angel, I have to quickly quickly put the pellets in or she might jump OUT of her tank! She jumps SO high!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:32 AM   #3 
diruak

I wish mine jumped. My roomie's betta enjoys attacking my finger when I put food in there before class. Eric just attacks his, Cosmo would be obese if I let him. They act as though they're never fed.
diruak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:42 AM   #4 
andreig09

my bettas doesn't do this kind of things... they don't eat to much, i try to give them live food always, and as the worms go down they eat in the floor of the aquarium...
andreig09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:42 AM   #5 
Jupiter

My girls think it's ALWAYS feeding time, especially Gloria. She'll jump like crazy whenever you get too close to the tank. On the tank that have hoods, my bettas come up to the surface once I lift the lid.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:47 AM   #6 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Whenever I get up from my bed, they all get excited and start dancing because that's usually when I feed them.lol It's so cute watching all 17 (18 now) of them go crazy.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #7 
TigerLily

Whenever feeding time comes around, my girls get so excited. As soon as the lid goes up they start jumping and biting the first thing they see, which is often my hand. It's cute, but it's also pretty stressful for me. I've had to rescue jumpers a few times now.
TigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #8 
DragonFish

Haha, all my bettas get really excited whenever they see me and start begging for food, the little piggys Shiro-chan has the most adorable eating habits though. Well.....he doesn't do it so much anymore, but he used to play with the pellets for a while until they broke apart and then eat all the little pieces...... and then got mad when I tried crushing up a pellet for him and wouldn't eat it He eats them whole now, but likes to flare at his food before eating it. ;) Smore and Jirou are my jumpers xD If I don't feed them quick enough they jump up to try and get me! The girls are really cute around feeding time, they crowd all around in one spot and wait. And if I stick my finger in they'll swarm around it and stare at it, though Mira is the only one brave enough to nibble on me
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #9 
dr2b

Marina immediately goes over to the feeding ring when it is time to eat. She also swims 180 degrees around the ring and back to where she started, curls into an S shape, and jumps up to nibble my hand and into the ring. Happens with EVERY feeding lol. But I have noticed Flair always swims up the same exact path in the water :)
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:06 PM   #10 
lilyrazen

Heidi swims from Jazz to Friday and back trying to decide wether the food is in her side or thiers, Friday swims to the bottom and waits, then tries to get to Heidi's food, and Jazz gives me this look like "Me first. feed me now."
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote