well I am the parent here........lol

but I do agree with dramaqueen
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:59 AM   #12 
sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
You keep pigs?

Well, when my aunt put her foot down abotu not getting any more fish, I listened to her. it is her house, so I have to respect her rules.
Haha! Not actual pigs, guinea pigs.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:42 AM   #13 
doggyhog

Yeah, I hate to say it, but until you move out, your gonna have to go by their rules. :)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:27 PM   #14 
lilyrazen

Well, you could ask to get one big tank to split and have 2 or 3 or even 4 in that tank and say how you can get more in there at it'll take up much less room. I did that and even though I had been told a thousand times no, when they said I could get one tank for a couple fish they said yes. They were really mad when I got a ten gallon, but they saw how I divided it in three and have three bettas in it and they got over it. It was partly just to get me to shut up too :P

And they agreed that once we move out of our house I can have a lot more tanks.
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:37 PM   #15 
loppy656

well at least you guys are moving out soon. I have a long time to wate and I take compleat care of my fish but I still can't get another. thay say there worid about the water spilling when I cleen the tanks.
loppy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, loppy, you have a ways to go yet. You're about 12-13, aren't you?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #17 
lilyrazen

Haha I'm 13 too, but were moving so I can have my own room, which means I can have more, probably two or three tanks, and since we are living with my grama (crazy neighbor problems) I know we want a five bdrm at least, with a second master for me for the fish. And my grama flips if I spill water, so I keep a ton a of towels near the tank. But, getting a large tank to split and get more fish worked for me hehe.
(I meant by moving out of our house that we were moving into a bigger one hehe)

Last edited by lilyrazen; 12-23-2009 at 01:57 PM.
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #18 
dr2b

I have to agree with what has been said, usually living under someone else's roof means you have to live under their rules. I have 2 5-gallon tanks in my room. I'd love to have my 15 or 20 gallon in the house... but there is no room so I have to wait until I get my own place since I live with mom and dad (I'm 21). But they don't care if I go and buy my fish lol. Maybe if you show that you are going to be very responsible in taking care of the fish they will reconsider.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:00 PM   #19 
sunset

Yeah they are just worried that I won't keep up my end of the bargin and that they will end up having to take care of it. So, what I will do is I found a critter keeper (in a box that has yet to be unpacked after 2 years in the new house) from having a little fish of an unknown breed when I was like 8. I will set it up in my room and then every day "feed it" by dropping on a marble to represent pellets and then do a weekly cleaning. If I keep that up for at least a month then they will hopefully see that I am serious about the whole fish thing.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:22 PM   #20 
dukie1346

I just turned 14 a couple days ago! Anyway, that's what my grandparents are always worried about, me spilling water. They say I always clean the tank out too much, when I only do it weekly, and they get really mad, but whatever.
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote