Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-05-2015, 11:35 PM   #1 
SuperSonicBetta

Exclamation Mutilated Betta, please help me!!!

I just got home from school to find my betta horribly mutilated! He was just fine when I left in the morning. I have a 16 gallon tank thats been up n running since May. I currently have 2 male guppies, 1 female guppy, a male red platy, a female Mouse platy, and a baby brittleno s r pleco. Could any of them have done this?

Also, i recently euthanized a female guppy because i believed she had a callumus worm (nematodes) n her spine was bent. I currently have one more male guppy whos been bloated up like a balloon for a few days. Hes quarantined in my hospital tank because i fear he could have a parasite too. However, no other fish are exhibiting symptoms.

I removed poor Sir Fishsalot (the betta) and for now hes in the little plastic cup i got him in last summer.

What happened to him? Is he gonna be ok? Please help me!
SuperSonicBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:43 PM   #2 
SuperSonicBetta

Exclamation

This is poor Sir Fishsalot.... Hes a double tail male and this morning when i left for school, his fins were long and gorgeous as always. He was perfectly healthy... Or so i thought... Does anyone know what caused this?
Attached Images

SuperSonicBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:46 PM   #3 
explicitlyperfect

I'm sorry to hear about your both of your fish (Sir Fishalot and the female guppy...)
That looks a lot like it's been nipped... I'm no expert, so I'd wait for someone else to come along, but as you mentioned he's housed with other fish, and was healthy before hand, so I wouldn't think that it's self-inflicted.
explicitlyperfect is offline   Reply With Quote