Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-31-2014, 12:06 PM   #1 
LugiaChan

Red face Looking for Betta (not shy, playful with decorations) Male

Hi ^^

I am looking for a betta that is not shy and plays with decorations. Maybe sits on leaves in the tank and isn't the type to go hide (rarely scared).

I'm not too picky on the type of betta, I just don't like Plakats or females because I love watching long flowing fins.

My favorites are Giants and Butterfly, but i've only owned crowned tail and veiltail before. Which i'm fine with, i've grown to accept that butterflies, especially marble ones (my favorite) are VERY uncommon and I have fallen in love with my past crowned tails and veil tails.

Colors I prefer not to have if its solid color:
Red
Pink
Grey (maybe, not sure)
Black (maybe, not sure, but black with colors like white would be really cool)
Wild/brown

Colors I like:
Blue
White
Marble / fancy marbles are my fave
Multiple colors are great

Please show a video of your fish's personality as best as you can (the longer the better, like having your finger on the glass and showing what the fish does normally), webcam is fine with me too. Photos are fine but I really am looking for a personality that matches what i'm looking for. Normally the videos show betta fish flaring at another betta, which isn't honestly showing their 'personality' I feel like. Otherwise i'd be all over youtube/aquabid buying them.

I greatly appreciate it! I'm betta-less right now D:
Every single time I find a betta at the store I never feel attached to their personality. The ones which are this way never die, but i've managed to give them a new owner or return them. But whenever I find the personality that's right for me (the type that swim against the bowl towards myself when I pick up the glass, obviously the type that 'pick' me and are not shy at all) they somehow become ill and die from unknown causes. I'm kind of tired of going through fish at the store until I find the right one, because I can not see their personality well without a heater and a tank. It took me forever to find the right betta, and they died shortly after each time. Last one died yesterday from dropsy, I tried EVERYTHING to save him. It's really making me start to feel hopeless, and I have a 10 gallon tank with a heater and filter,... Right before he caught dropsy he bumped his head against something and I took out his betta log because I think that caused him to hurt his head. I no longer keep anything in the tank besides silk leaves and i'm going to buy a new heater when I have a new betta to avoid any potential health problems..... :(

I only keep one betta fish at at time, i'm looking for a long term buddy!

Last edited by LugiaChan; 01-31-2014 at 12:19 PM.
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:28 PM   #2 
carlos puron

I think I have the kind of Betta you're looking but there are two "problems" 1) people in this forum and I haven't been able to identify if it is a she or he 2) it doesn't have long fins

Other than that it's playful it's always at the front of the tank when some one it's there it's healthy kind of blue and purple if you're interested

I'm about to take a video of it to see if someone in the forum can help me on identify whether is a he or she let me know and I'll post the link in here :)
carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:53 PM   #3 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos puron View Post
I think I have the kind of Betta you're looking but there are two "problems" 1) people in this forum and I haven't been able to identify if it is a she or he 2) it doesn't have long fins

Other than that it's playful it's always at the front of the tank when some one it's there it's healthy kind of blue and purple if you're interested

I'm about to take a video of it to see if someone in the forum can help me on identify whether is a he or she let me know and I'll post the link in here :)
Go ahead. ^_^

I should update this for deletion because I found a light blue and white betta from petco who is absolutely into everything! He plays with everything in my tank but i'd love to see the video regardless! I love betta fish!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:56 AM   #4 
carlos puron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb6u...e_gdata_player

She didn't like the camera she's not that shy
carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:45 PM   #5 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos puron View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb6u...e_gdata_player

She didn't like the camera she's not that shy
What a cutie!!!!! :D :D :D Awwww! Seems to really like your presence!
Old 02-10-2014, 01:50 AM   #6 
jadaBlu

I think she is veiltail with a spaded style tail. I have a yellow female that is shaped like her if you look in my album. She looks so personable! I wouldn't part with a fish like that.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote