Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #1 
tracyalexa

do you see any differences?

He has been diving into gravel, seemed strange. Read up and heated up tank added aquarium salt and some revive. A bit better today still a tad lethargic. Question, when should I do water changes and when I do, should I add salt? Or revive? Both?

Temp 84. Gradual overnight, water testing, all good. Been acting this way for a day and a half. Diving, not just swimming normally. Eats but one pellet instead of 2 or 3.

Is water too hot?

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/5783569...59444/sizes/m/

When I brought him home. Recent pic to follow.
tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #3 
tracyalexa

Goldish around gills. Shiny.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/5783569...67304/sizes/m/
Old 04-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #4 
margotandfishy

water seems a little hot, i usually leave mine around 78-80 but if you lower it do it gradually. how big is your tank so we can help with how often you should change the water?
margotandfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #5 
tracyalexa

It's a 3 gal filtered. I raised temp because it seemed like it could be a parasite or fungus
Old 04-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #6 
BettasForever

Lower it to 82-83. That seems about right since the suggested tank temp is 78-81.
BettasForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:57 PM   #7 
PewPewPew

Keep the tank around 79-82 if you want to increase the life cycle of a parasite...But, I must ask, what are you looking for? Im confused. I cant see anything on the pictures.

Add the salt (pre dissolved) in an appropriate dose then you can add the revive. Why are you using revive?
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #8 
tracyalexa

I brought pics and a vid to the local fish store. They have a good reputation in the area. They said it looked like an external parasite from his behavior.....diving and darting all over. I can see a small brown thing moving on his right gill but perhaps I am paranoid? Also, I've read on here that increasing the temp will help kill the parasite if there is one. Is that accurate? All of the tanks I have are hovering around 79 82. Is this ok.....they all seem pretty happy.

Revive is what they recommended for parasite but they said its not a med but since I hopefully caught whatever it is quickly, salt, a lil higher temp and revive should work. What do u think? He is eating well, seems a lot happier at the higher temp and less darting and diving.