Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2009, 05:04 AM   #1 
Skittlz

New to bettas and in need of advice

My betta (AkA Sherman) has been in a little vase holding a little under .5gallons of water that we decorated with a duel pink flamingo figurine and a (sadly) fake plant with some gems. His water is always cold and i feel bad he has no room to swim around really.

I went to petco and bought a 10 gallon tank for the guy (yea, big tank little fish :P ) and i was wondering if i need a filter, what kind of heater i should get (how big/stong, does it matter?)

And last of all, those fish flakes i got with the fish dont work out very well, he only eats the brine shrimp in them! i am going to buy him some just freeze dried brine shrimp but can he live on just that or does he need something other than shrimp all the time to stay healthy?

Any help would be greatly appreciated so i know what i am looking for when i go back to the store tomorrow! Cant wait to buy him some real plants too ^__^
Skittlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:27 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum. I would go with a 50 watt heater for a 10 gallon tank. As far as feeding goes, I would recommend Hikari betta bio gold pellets instead of flakes.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote