Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #1 
AngelicScars

2 and 2.5 gallon tanks...a few questions.

Okay, for one I was wondering what are some good 2-2.5 gallon tanks. I was wondering if it is at all possible to find them for under $20. I don't need a filter or heater with them.

Also, does anyone know of that 2.5 rectangular tank at Petsmart I see? It's usually around $14? It comes with a glass top, but I fitted it to the tank today and it doesn't seem to have any breathable-ness to it. I was wondering if anyone had this, how do you let your fishies breath? Is there something about the lid that I'm not seeing that keeps it breathable?

Thanks in advance for any help!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:43 PM   #2 
1fish2fish

umm not sure what tank your talking about from petsmart so I can't help there.

A really great 2-2.5 gallon tank for cheap are kritter keepers (usually found in the rodent or reptile section). They are perfectly fine for fish and have a top with vents in it (for air) and come really cheap (like $10 for the really big 2.5 gal ones).
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:22 PM   #3 
AngelicScars

Yeah, I was looking at those as an option as well. I've had one before as a hospital tank and it was nice.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #4 
Jayy

you could get bowls
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:16 PM   #5 
AngelicScars

I have a 2 gallon bowl now as a hospital "tank." After using it, I'd rather have a rectangular tank(or something along those lines) as something long term.

Thanks for the suggestions so far! I appreciate it!