Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2010, 12:52 AM   #11 
DragonFish

If its fuzzy or fluffy looking, its most likely some kind of fungus....Keep a close eye on him, keep his water extra clean, and pick up that heater when you can. Someone else can suggest a course of action...this is where my knowledge wains out I'm afraid :P

It seems your doing right by your fish though! Good idea to get him out of that vase, 2 gallons is a nice size ;) Haha, I'm sure there isn't a person on here that couldn't tell you about family members/friends who just don't understand our love for bettas and why we spend money on them/fuss over them/actually care for them/and many other things I'm sure xD Tis the reality of this hobby....but luckily we have one another :)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:59 AM   #12 
SchwimmyTheBetta

Haha. Yes. Luckily we do. :) My mom thinks it's wierd I spend my money on this but I can't help it. I will never go again without a little fishy. :)

And okay. I will look for some medication for him and a heater for his tank. What would be the best size?

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-01-2010 at 06:05 AM.
SchwimmyTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:10 AM   #13 
DragonFish

Haha, my fish are my little saviors and stress relievers. In all honesty, I have no idea WHAT I'd do without my underwater dogs....I'd be totally lost. ;) Mom doesn't understand either, though dad supports me, which is nice xD

For meds, you should definitely steer clear of any Bettafix, melafix, or anything of the like...while nothings for certain(as far as I know)ts said they damage the labyrinth organ the betta uses to breath, eventually causing them to drown. I personally wouldn't want to take the risk.....

I'm trying to think if what to recommend, but I don't know much about meds >_<; I'm sorry....I'm sure someone will know however.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:15 AM   #14 
SchwimmyTheBetta

How about the heater size? Suggestions? Anyone?
And I have a horse and a dog so I'm pretty much set on animals, but I love my Schwimmy.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:27 AM   #15 
DragonFish

Ahh, forgot D: Sorry^^; Multitasking....

For my 2.5 gallons, I use the Hydor mini....though unless your room temp remains pretty stable, I wouldn't recommend it because its not adjustable. Just look for the smallest adjustable submersible heater you can, I don't know brands that well....but so long as its fully submersible, adjustable and not huge, I think you should be okay.

Ahh, my horse is pending sale currently xD Do you do western or English? ;)
I have two giant 50 pound lap puppies too I'd love to have more animals, though of course moms not big on that. However, I lead a rather lonely life of homeschooling and the dogs aren't allowed free reign of the house yet....so its my underwater puppies that keep me company ;)
Old 01-01-2010, 09:56 AM   #16 
moraismeep

I know of a medication that's been reviewed to work wonders, it's called Jungle Fungus Eliminator. You might be able to get a batch on ebay but you can also get a full kit enough to treat reoccuring problems from this site: http://www.bettatalk.com good luck to you and Mr. Schwimmy =3
moraismeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #17 
SchwimmyTheBetta

I ride western. I actually rodeoed before I broke my leg in August. :) How about you? Western or english? And at my mom's house I have a 5 year old Chocolate lab who's around 90 lbs named Hannah Bear and at my grandparents "I" (my grandpa) has a black lab golden rertiever mix named Lucky. Ha.
And okay. A adjustable submersible heater. Got it. PetCo/Petsmart here I come! :) Thanks again!
Old 01-01-2010, 10:22 AM   #18 
SchwimmyTheBetta

Thank you moraismeep (sorry if I spelled it wrong.) I will keep and eye out for that product on my shopping expedition. :) And I also wanted to throw in he built a bubble nest the 3rd day I had him. If that helps...so he's not acting sick to me..ha. But I'm going to clear it up whatever it is. Stupid mystery looking mess.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:34 PM   #19 
DragonFish

Haha, English for me. I rode and competed in Hunter Jumpers for about 4 1/2 years ;) Nothing broken for me xD Though a couple bad falls left me with a strained tendon in my shoulder and I couldn't move for a good week+ and then I did something to my ribs, like, over a year ago and they still hurt if I stretch wrong. Ahh, the joys of riding xD Both my puppies are Aussie/Lab mixes, sisters and littler mates(they're on my siggy, though I need to update pictures )

Ahh, JFE! Of course! I should have thought of that xD Yes, that would probably be a good one to get, you should be able to find it at your local Petsmart/petco ;)
Old 01-01-2010, 02:42 PM   #20 
SchwimmyTheBetta

Thank you! I will indeed look for it. I'm going Monday to look for everything and for some upgrades. :) and fun. I've ridden western for about 6 years now. :) love it. :)