I will have to wait about at least a month for a test kit because I don't have enough money right now for it. I have put $20 in it in the past week and since I am not old enough to have a job I don't have a steady income or any income as of now. Just an allowance that is supposed to start next week but it will only be between 5-10 a week probably closer to 5 in the winter. So I am limited on what I can spend but I want to do everything right so I will try to get them both as soon as I can.
Right now I have tetra bettasafe which is supposed to condition the water and put a protective slim over the betta I am pretty sure that the slime is natural for them in the wild. Will this water conditioner be good enough for now until it is gone?
And I will be doing a 50% water change today and was wondering since I don't have anything 2.5 gallons can I dump the unconditioned water in the tank and then add the conditioner when it is full? and can I do it with a betta in it?