Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-02-2010, 01:16 AM   #1 
DefyingGravity

Moving Gabriel to a different tank.. heater issue

As you know Gabriel was an 'impulse' purchase, so I had to quickly set up a tank for him, which was a 1.8gal (approx) and I put a heater in it. The same day I picked up a 6 gallon tank from a place near my work, and have just spent today dividing it and getting it set up, however the heater I want to put in it is in Gabriel's temporary tank.

What is the best way to do this? Should I take the heater out, and heat up the 6 gal and then move Gabriel in, or take the heater out, put it in the new tank, and put Gabriel in at the same time? Either way he is gonna have cold(ish) water for awhile :S I'm trying to avoid buying a heater currently cos I have no cash, and heaters aren't exactly cheap around here...
DefyingGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I would turn the heater off, let it cool down, put it in the new tank and let it heat up to the temperature of the tank he's in now, than put him in so he doesn't go into shock. Than you can slowly warm the water up.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:56 PM   #3 
DefyingGravity

Thanks :) I moved him over today. He looks almost pink in the new light & is loving playing with the heater (seriously, he is weaving in and out of gaps near the heater) crazy fish!
DefyingGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #4 
BettaxFishxCrazy

That's good! :)
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote