Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #11 
JadeSparrow

So far I haven't heard them sing for me yet but they have only been here 2 days and are still adjusting to the tank. And just a quick update from this morning when I went in to feed everybody, mostly since my cat decided it was time for me to be awake at the crack of dawn lol, everyone was out and exploring Finley was watching the yard since the tank is close to a window he can see into the back yard and watch the dogs run around. Greer was holding down his hiding spot but stuck his head out to say hi when I came in with the camera it was just to cute so I though I would share his good morning with everyone (even though its afternoon now but the puppies required attention before I could pull out the laptop)
JadeSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:05 PM   #12 
JadeSparrow

So I am pretty sure Ainsley shed either that or she decided to eat part of a plant. But everyone is doing well and have really taken to the small terra cotta pots I put in there for them. I would add a pic but they haven't been cooperative today so everything just turned out blurry hopefully they will behave better in the morning.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:31 AM   #13 
JadeSparrow

Finley decided to be sociable this morning and come out to say hi so of course I have to share the froggy cuteness :)
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2014, 05:05 PM   #14 
Laki

Aww!! They're so cute! I want some of my own so bad
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:04 AM   #15 
Missing

Eee more ADFs. :D I have four myself and I absolutely love them. Mine tend to only sing at night (I have to use a fan by my head because they don't ever stop) I'm actually trying to raise a few tadpoles. This is the first batch that has made it this far and they are quite large. I don't think they'll make it to fully grown because I've read how hard it is, but I thought to try.

I find they are a lot more active when they have a tank with just their own species. I had them growing up and they were always hiding and shy when I had other fish but it did work out ok.

I think they're really fun when we have company over. They are always a conversation starter. xD
Missing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:51 AM   #16 
JadeSparrow

They have started to tank over the tank and explore. Usually when I come home at night they are nosing around and just look up at me like "what? there's nothing going on here." The tank has grown to include a single ghost shrimp (there were only two when I went to get some and one didn't make it through the night), 3 otos, and some gold white cloud minnows. All my plants are really starting to become a jungle but everyone seems to like it. Sunny, my betta, was getting jealous so she got up graded to a 5.5 gal from the 2.5 she grew up in. She was a baby betta from Petco and I didn't want to overwhelm her with a huge tank so I gave her the spare 2.5 I had from another betta that spazed in larger spaces.
"I'm just gonna sit here and reflect" -Greer-
Old 02-16-2014, 02:05 PM   #17 
JadeSparrow

So everyone was out and about today and they even let me snap a few, ok lots of pics lol so let me share ^^ sorry the pics are huge they did not want to size down right

The single ghostie

The two boys having a stare off

one fish or two fish not really sure

Ainsley thinking that I can't see her lol

And last but certainly not least sunny. She just had a have her picture taken too
Old 02-16-2014, 02:08 PM   #18 
Laki

Aww, look at them :)
Old 02-22-2014, 05:13 PM   #19 
JadeSparrow

Sorry it's been awhile, school got crazy then I got sick. But everyone is doing well went to the petco half off sale today which was crazy. I wanted to get some more plants but they were pretty much sold out of everything so instead I got a few more ghost shrimp to go with the lone one that has been cruising the tank. I will try to upload a pic of the jungle (that is seriously what the tank is starting to look like despite the very yellow water from the drift wood and algae) in a little while.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:31 PM   #20 
Laki

When do their front paws web out? I see in one of your pictures he/she has one webbed front paw and one not so much. I'm wondering because I just bought my first ADF and both his front paws are like underdeveloped or something. They're not webbed or finger-y.