Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2014, 09:16 PM   #1 
BlueLacee

Location: Colorado Rockies, the Land of Skiing, Festivals, and Incredibly Rich
Exclamation Help!!! Needed in the Next 16 hr

Tomorrow I am going to walmart and am getting new fishy stuff, because of stuff from my other thread about my baby and dad. What should I look for in:
-tank
-filter
-food
-heater
-decor
I know there are some of these details floating, but I don't have time to look for them and want these things to be all in the same place so it is a quick thing I can have on my phone in the store. Remember... 16 HOURS LEFT
BlueLacee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:28 PM   #2 
Kumo

Well what exactly do you plan to put in the tank? The size of the tank is going to completely depend on what animals you intend to throw in there. The filter and heater will also depend on the gallon size (2.5, 5, 10, 15, 20, etc...). I recommend REAL plants over fake plants because real plants generally don't attract algae like bees to honey. I, personally have tiny particle black and white sand for the bottom of my tank. Be careful with what you decide to put down for a bottom. My friend had an african clawed frog with some pretty tiny gems. The frog gobbled up one of the gems and ended up dying because it couldn't pass the gems :(

Decor, I just recommend stuff you find ascetically pleasing and has enough space for your animals to "hide". I have a "cave" type decoration for my frogs to "hide" in if they want some "alone" time.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:35 PM   #3 
Fishybitty

Walmarts in different areas carry different aquariums (so I've experienced).

I would try for a 2.5+ gallon. The more room the more deco you can put in.

I would aim for something with a filter. It is easier to deal with.
(most of the kits have one)

Heater-go for an adjustable if you can.

Food- they carry your basic tetra brand ( at least by me)

Aquarium salt is good to have on hand, its cheap there.
Fishybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:37 PM   #4 
BlueLacee

Sorry, a single betta.
And I ment like... For hoer people this will make sense. Get a vet check before buying the horse. Tips like that.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:45 PM   #5 
BlueLacee

Ah!!! My typing skills suck. Hoer is supposed to be horse
Old 02-10-2014, 07:11 AM   #6 
peachii

Wal-Mart sells some really great 10 gallon kits comes with tank, hood, filter and net all for 27.00, even some have a 20 gallon kit also. Get the kit with the Flourscent hood, NOT the LED - led hood is not bright enough if you ever want to have live plants.

I would order a heater online as they tend to be a much better price and have it shipped to you, however Wal-Mart does sell them. I would also order fish food online New Life Spectrum betta food is my favorite, Wal-Mart has Tetra brand and really isn't that good of quality for an everyday food.

Tan (natural) or Black sand/gravel is my favorite. If you don't plan to have live plants or cories then small Pea gravel in the garden section is a fraction of the cost of aquarium gravel.

My only plastic piece of decor is a turtle basking platform that I have covered in Moss and java ferns. Our giant betta loves it but it does take up a lot of surface area in that tank. I really want a natural looking castle in a tank eventually and make a spooky planted aqua scape around it but I tend to pull all plastic decor out for more room for plants. When looking for plastic decor make sure the holes/openings are big enough for a grown betta to get through and not get stuck and they don't have any sharp edges on them.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #7 
BlueLacee

Thank you all!!! I'm so exited. 3 1/2 hr left

Tags
filter, heater, hour, tank