Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2010, 12:21 PM   #1 
SummerOj

Yay!! 5 gallon plan

So...I asked my mom yesterday if I could order a 5 gal kritter keeper and a heater because I wanted to divide it in half for two more bettas and she said she'd think about it. Heopfully she's thinking yes....
BUT my sister made her mad today so I am not asking if she made up her mind yet...lol. But she does owe me 15 dollars for good grades ;D

Anways, she was saying for a few that I might as well set up the 29 gallon....(i do want cory cats!) BUT I really need that tank for my goldfish.

I'm trying not to get too exicted about two more bettas in case she says no, but I saw this gorgeous red one at the LPS.

Update on my current betta: He was swimming around this morning and is in a different hiding spot, and he still hasn't eaten...

As for the decoration of the 5 gallon, I was thinking "zen"ish budda-ish. I want sand (maybe, or white gravel) and some black stones and A budda, of course. Plants, probably just get a few of the same one my betta has now since he seems to LOVE that thing. I don't need caves, because I have an extra one my betta doesn't use and I have a little torracota (sp..) pot. Idk, what do you guys think?

Last edited by SummerOj; 01-04-2010 at 12:27 PM.
SummerOj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #2 
dukie1346

Cool I hope you get your tank!!! Sounds like a cool theme for the tank...
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #3 
Jayy

yeah, hope you get your 5gal
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #4 
1fish2fish

keeping my fingers crossed.

I like the buddha theme. I want to eventually do a zen garden theme tank with different colored sands and river rocks etc. but I was originally going to do it with my future guppy tank now that I think about it a betta would look really nice in a tank like that.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:47 PM   #5 
SummerOj

Well my moms going to talk about it with my dad but he likes fish himself sooo :D

UPDATE: Joshy is swimming around exploring his tank i offered him a pellet and a bloodworm today. He spit the bloodworm out and didnt even glance at the pellet. Well he did follow one that sank down to the gravel (i scooped it out). Hmm....stubborn little guy

He seems really interesting in the heater
SummerOj is offline   Reply With Quote