Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2010, 10:18 PM   #1 
Blue Horizons

Baby biOrb

I got my first Betta fish in about 20 years last week.

He came in a teacup size container (and I'm not even going to go into what the clerk at the store showed me to buy for him to live in....a container about twice the size of a teacup)....anyway.....

I purchased a 1/2 gallon temporary 'Betta Kit' home for him. And I've been researching the options for a larger tank.

I really like the look and the idea of a Baby biOrb. (And the size is perfect for the micro house I have) It seems that people either love them or can not stand them.

As I have small hands and arms I feel that I will not have the problems with cleaning that some folks have.

Are there any member here that currently use this tank? Any thoughts? I would like to order one in the next day so that I can get it set up and cycling over the weekend.

Although my little blue friend has about 10 times the space that he used to have I do not want to keep in that little teeny tiny tank for more than two weeks.

Thanks!
Blue Horizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:34 AM   #2 
Jupiter

Biorbs are expensive, from what I understand. They don't sell them here, so I don't know about them. I think it's just what you want. If you feel you can clean it easily and afford it, I would go for it. Biorbs certainly look nice.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:39 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have a neighbor who has a betta in a 4 gallon one and it looks great. I don't know how she cleans it, though.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:57 AM   #4 
Krys

sponge on a stick :3
Krys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:12 AM   #5 
MollyJean

My grandmother has one for her goldfish and I've cleaned it for her a few times. You might want to invest in one of those dish washing sponges on a stick for the job, I can never reach the bottom.

One thing is they don't make heaters for the baby BiOs. My grandmother has one of those submersible heaters with a rock holding the wire against a wall, but it always looks.. messy. :(

Last edited by MollyJean; 01-05-2010 at 01:15 AM.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:28 AM   #6 
dr2b

IMHO, I wouldn't buy any biOrbs. They are way too expensive and overpriced. I've also heard nothing but horror stories from them about cleaning and other issues that popped up along the way. For the price of a baby biOrb, you could buy a 5 gallon aquarium for cheaper.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:35 AM   #7 
1fish2fish

I agree with the above... why not save money with a more traditional tank and be able to really spend good money for better food, plants, decorations, lighting, and heating.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:11 AM   #8 
Blue Horizons

Krys....Sponge on a stick is a great idea for the bottom....they also sell magnets that you put on on the outside and one on the inside....but I think it would be easier to just use the sponge.

Molly Jean....they do sell heaters for the baby biOrb. Messy because of the wire hanging? Or messy because the gold fish is messy and the tank is hard to keep clean?

1fish2fish....I'm okay on the money front I have two horses...and the price of the Baby biOrb, the best of the best food for a year and anything else the little bugger could need for the next year wouldn't even come close to what I spend in a month on feed for one of the horses!

dr2b....do you have and first hand experience with the tank or know anyone that was using one....I would like the particulars of what they/you didn't like? Thanks!
Blue Horizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:15 AM   #9 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I've owned two horses myself and fish don't come close to the costs.lol I love the way Biorbs look, but I'd never get one because they're so expensive. I have too many bills to pay.lol
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #10 
diruak

They sell biOrbs at a pet smart here, I've never considered them because they are so expensive. I've seen 5 gallon kits for $40-$50 here, the biOrb of equal size I think is $90-$100 .......... I don't have that kind of money
diruak is offline   Reply With Quote