Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2014, 04:46 PM   #1 
Sabina88

Recomendations

So last week when I got my male betta Hale I also found this guy as well. I would have loved to taken him home, but EEPK's are expensive and I had also fallen in love with Hale, so in the end I took Hale home. Yesterday when I went to pick up some food for my bettas he was still there and his water looked gross. Anyways in the end I have fallen in love with him and now am determined to bring him home lol.
Hopefully he is still there when I go back.
Name:  White Double Tail  Halfmoon Placket.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  11.9 KB

So that brings me to my question, I want to give him enough space but I also don't want to spend $60 on a 2.5 gallon kit either.
So I was wondering would anyone recommend this as a long term home for him? Id of coarse get a heater as well, and I would get the Large size.

http://www.petco.com/product/12031/P...TanksAquariums

Last edited by Sabina88; 02-09-2014 at 04:54 PM.
Sabina88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:00 PM   #2 
rylovesriska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabina88 View Post
This would be a perfectly fine long term home for him (larges are 3 gallons) but I would recommend larger of course but he very well would love him upgrade from a small cup to a kritter keeper and also if you go in the reptile section you can find bigger kritter keepers in more interesting shapes to let you know
http://m.petco.com/product/12264/Pet...-Insects.aspx#
There are holes for air so you wouldn't be able to fill it up all the way but I have been having a fantasy about an EE that I have seen at my Petco in that round keeper...
rylovesriska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:01 PM   #3 
rylovesriska

Oh and just to let you know make sure you get the biggest when you go, I might be a little stupid but I didn't realize my Petco was out of the large and bought the medium instead of the large at one point...
Old 02-09-2014, 05:25 PM   #4 
Sabina88

I always thought that kritter keepers/tanks for reptiles couldn't hold water?

I will deffinitly get the large if that's what I go with.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:28 PM   #5 
rylovesriska

Quote:
I always thought that kritter keepers/tanks for reptiles couldn't hold water?

I will deffinitly get the large if that's what I go with.
I was checking them out when I was there and it appears they can, there are no holes in the bottom if you look at the link you can see the aeration holes in the too of the keeper but the bottom is sealed and if there is a hole in the bottom you could always use aquarium putty to seal it but I didn't think I saw any...
Old 02-09-2014, 05:39 PM   #6 
Rana

The reptile keepers can indeed hold water, I'm using a medium one for my special needs girl right now actually. The rectangular reptile keepers are identical to the fish ones which are identical to the small animal ones- literally just the lid color varies. Some of the other reptile shapes have vents cut into the top few inches, so I would steer clear of those.

They're fairly decent considering they're so cheap, the plastic is nice and clear but it does scratch easily and is fairly brittle. Make sure you get one without any cracks!
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:06 PM   #7 
Sabina88

Thanks for all the advice :)

Fingers crossed that every thing works out with him
Old 02-09-2014, 06:07 PM   #8 
rylovesriska

Quote:
Thanks for all the advice :)

Fingers crossed that every thing works out with him
Tell us how it goes!!
Old 02-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #9 
Sabina88

will do :)

Theres a 50% chance ill be getting him on Tuesday. My mom is going to pick up some sand for me for Hales tank so I asked her to go to petco and see if he is still there. So I asked if shed pick him up if he was, because I would be to worried hed be gone if he was left there for another week or more (you know how there are just those certain bettas), she said she would think about it so fingers still crossed. I have a mesh breeder he can hang out in until I get him his tank.
Lol pretty sure my moms exasperated with me for all the fish and petstore trips