Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-07-2010, 02:18 PM   #11 
Jayy

I think that its good that you are speaking up but i have to say that both my petcos are really good about taking care of their bettas. both the 1 where i live and the 1 where my dad lives. even the walmart does a good job.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #12 
kuklachica

I received a voice message from the general manager at the Petco that I complained about... she wants me to call her tomorrow regarding my concerns! She said that, in fact, they DID have a problem with the bettas, but it happened to be with the seller and they will no longer be buying from him. She wanted to explain this to me over the phone and also talk about my other concerns.

I have to say, I am surprised, and very happy that they are taking this seriously! I will post an update tomorrow on how the conversation goes and what they are doing to fix the situation.
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:01 PM   #13 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Wow, that's great! :)
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:06 PM   #14 
Zenandra
Banned

Great Job!!
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good news!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:28 PM   #16 
spongebob

their probably just lying to keep us quiet
spongebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #17 
AngelicScars

Oh what a great update! Let us know how the conversation goes!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:09 PM   #18 
Jayy

Great!!!!!!!!
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #19 
Betta Fish Bob
Banned

Unfortunate problem that is ongoing in all states

You are to be commended for wanting to help the fish, and in no way get something for yourself!

Rock on!

I have been breeding oscars and bettas for over 20 years, have purchased fish in 7 states, in all types of climates, and all types of tanks, and I have to say that I have found the same appalling conditions in Wal-Mart, PetCo, and EVERY chain type pet store.

There is no way that an employee or two can monitor hundreds of differnt types of ish at different stages of growth and disease. I have found devoted, caring people at every store I shopped, but they are simply too stretched out to be able to handle fish properly.

As a result I NEVER purchase from anyone other than a "mom and pop" store.

Go by a few in your area, meet the owners, make several trips, tell them you are devoted to raising healthy, long-living fish and that your business will be worth several hundred if not thousands of dollars of business in your lifetime, and they will give you what you are looking for.

Also, these smaller shops are ALWAYS wanting to hear that people are upset with conditions in the big houses, and will be happy to take care of you.

You will pay more for your fish and supplies, but you will be happier in the long run.

I always offer to write articles or give classes free of charge to these small shop owners, and believe me, if you do that, you will DEFINITELY be taken care of.

Hope this helps.

Beth C.
Betta Fish Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #20 
kuklachica

So I talked to the manager this morning... she was very apologetic and explained that they had a horrible shipment right around christmas. Apparently 53 bettas died within two days of receiving the shipment. They wrote up a report about the supplier and think that the truck driver might have left the door to the truck open or something. She said that they do change the water every two days. She also said she will address the associate who was not checking the fish regularly and said "don't pick out the dead fish, we do that at the end of the night." So she was very apologetic and thankful that I pointed this out. She encouraged me to contact her if I ever see anything else that concerns me. Overall it was a very good conversation and I will go check next week to see how things look.

Betta Fish Bob-

I found a fish shop 10 mins away from me and they have been around for at least 20 years and are very small. They are FANTASTIC! Their bettas are imported directly from Singapore and are in PERFECT condition, even with bubble nests! And they are huge (like twice the size of petco's) and NO MATTER THE TAIL AND COLOR THEY ARE $3.99 each!!! I love that place!!!
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote