Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-10-2010, 12:09 AM   #21 
Zenandra
Banned

I understand that a lot of store won't let you post the cards :) But what's wrong with carrying them with you and giving one to someone who looks like they may be interested in buying a betta? I do it a lot and it helps :)

I almost got kicked out of walmart because I kept putting up proper care sheets by the bettas, lol. But after a long talk with the manager I got them to put up their own permanent care sheet by the bettas, with correct information on it. I almost cried the day I walked in there and saw that care sheet, I felt wonderful that I had actually done something to help.
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:12 AM   #22 
dr2b

Now giving them to someone is a different story. I see nothing wrong with that at all. That is not what was originally stated before. I mean even I tell people "bettas should be in this this this and this." Whether they always take advice is a different story lol.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:15 AM   #23 
Zenandra
Banned

Yeah this is what I originally said

Quote:
I thought why not make up some business cards and/or brochures about the proper care of bettas that we can give interested people in pet stores who look like they're interested in buying a betta. We could leave a stack next to the bettas for people to pick up and stuff like that.
I know a lot of places will throw them out if you leave a stack next to the bettas, but some places won't, and you won't know until you try. But I think informing people who seem interested is extremely important :D and can really make a difference!
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:22 AM   #24 
dr2b

I think the small LFS and independent places would let us stick stacks next to the betta sections. I missed that part about where it says giving them to interested people...I'm sorry. I think Petsmart has like tack boards or something at the entrance (at least mine does). Maybe tack one up there...who knows maybe someone will see it.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:28 AM   #25 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have no idea what all the other caresheets say. I haven't read them lately.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:56 AM   #26 
sunkissedinCA

oooh that's a really good idea!
sunkissedinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:00 PM   #27 
AngelicScars

Oh, the board at the entrance might work!

I think giving the cards to people that are interested is a great idea, and I would never discourage it. If you can educate at least ONE person on the care, then that is making a difference no matter how small.

I always want to stop and talk to people about how to care for them, but I'm really reluctant. I live in a very...let's just say close-minded area (no offense to anyone living in this state or surrounding states). So, people are more standoffish if I (lip pierced and dress edgier I guess?) with my husband (all black death metal band shirts) walk up to them to educate them about the Betta care. :-/
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #28 
JamieTron

sweet idea dude love it!!!!
JamieTron is offline   Reply With Quote