Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #11 
Rana

That would make sense, healthy adults can usually avoid the intakes no problem. Covering it up is a good idea if it's happened once already.

I would just make this his new feeding schedule, honestly. He sounds like he's prone to bloating, which can be made worse by a single large feeding per day. Feeding twice isn't really any more work, and it'll help him get stronger.

If underfeeding/malnutrition was the cause of his spine problem, he should start to fatten up and straighten out in a week or two. He might always keep that bend though, but if he gets stronger then it shouldn't affect him too much.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:57 PM   #12 
haileyreannon288

Okie dokie will do. I wanted to ask another quick question, i am wanting to re-do the tank. Put different substrate in and also live plants. Should i wait until he is better before doing this? I don't want to stress him out more than he already is.
haileyreannon288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #13 
Taeanna
Reference Team

depends on the fish really. is he the sort to get freaked out easily over small things or does he adore change and poking his face into everything?

If hes the former best to wait, if the latter change things but do it a bit at a time- for instance gravel first and when hes bored of it swap something else.
Taeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:24 AM   #14 
haileyreannon288

I don't think he will freak out. I tend to move stuff around in his tank alot and he seems fine. I want to get a live plant back in because he really enjoyed that. I saw his laying in it quite a bit, and he won't lay in the silk plant i have in there now. He'll lay at the base but not in it. He goes in is submarine alot so i might keep that in there and just hide it in the plants so he can still go in it.
haileyreannon288 is offline   Reply With Quote