Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #11 
Zenandra
Banned

Maracyn is ok, not as strong as the other two. Have you tried giving him a salt bath?
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #12 
sydney480

Hi..Im giving him a salt bath now and he is really calmed down..no more laboured breathing...and he had rapid gills while he was on the bottom of the tank... I just have him in a small bowl and wondering if I should just keep him in something that size for now with about 5 cups of water...then he doesnt have to travel so far up to the top for air..in the big tank he was really having a hard time..Ill just use the water from the tank that has the meds in it..do you think that would be okay??
sydney480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:42 PM   #13 
Zenandra
Banned

It would be ok as long as you can keep the water clean and warm enough
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:49 PM   #14 
sydney480

Any suggestions of how to keep the water warm enough..its just a plastic bowl that holds about 6 cups of water

i took him out of the salt bath and put him back in the tank, and now he is doing what he did before..really struggling to breath with rapid gills..trying to swim..but cant get off the bottom of the tank...its very upsetting

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-08-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #15 
sydney480

okay..now he is in the tank as i said..but kinda laying on his side..he was in a 2 gallon tank, but i removed half the water, cause he couldnt even get up to the top to take a breath....HELP PLEASE ANYONE OUT THERE..im crying now as hes been laying on his side now...trying so hard...ugggggggggggggggg
Old 01-08-2010, 09:43 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

All I can suggest is to put him in the warmest room in the house. You can't heat a small bowl. I'm sorry about your fish.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #17 
sydney480

Gosh, hes in the kichen now..in his tank and Ive removed half the water..so he can swim to get air....gosh im crying so hard now...i lost my dad, mother and siter this year..and my lab doggie..cant take much more ya know..my house burnt down on feb.21/last year...and lost everything there as well..please any help out there...i feel soooo sad right now.....
Old 01-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #18 
sydney480

please help with my fishy...im so sad and dont know what to do here...im like the mom..that constantly sticks by him...any help please...

whewwwwwwwwwwwwwww..had a big cry and back now...sorry

okay...hes in his tank...with 50 percent less water..but i saved the water from his tank..dont know how to keep it warm..

he is still swimming...most times on the bottom...stuggling of course..rapid gill movements...and i cry alot...

Any help out there?????????
Old 01-09-2010, 12:55 AM   #19 
sydney480

I want to update...
every one...
I prayed asked god for a miracle for my fishy....and he did....he is swimming around so good now..and the same happy fish again...uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....Im so happy y know.....i prayed for a miracle and got it...

I actually dont think it was the meds..as he was on his death bead...and about one hr later...poof...i had my miracle...that took alot of praying and alot of stuff with God...as I dont know him that well
i told him i want to get to know him....and my journey will be the same as yours okay...gosh im scared too...

but he healed my fishy...from prayer...whoo hoo eh....................

just imagine what he can do for you.;.????????????????????

if you need a miracle in your life...just ask and pray is all......i love all of you.....xoxo
Old 01-09-2010, 11:35 AM   #20 
kelly528

Wow! SO happy to hear he pulled through! I have seen columnaris before and I honestly thought nothing could be done.

Keep medicating until you have finished the course of antibiotics. We don't want to drive this thing to the brink only to have a resistant strain make a comeback.

Cheers!
-Kelly
kelly528 is offline   Reply With Quote