Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-09-2010, 07:55 PM   #11 
1fish2fish

take some panty hose and a rubber band and cover the area that sucks in the water.. that will solve your problem.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:29 AM   #12 
KristiLee

And that will still allow material to get through to be filtered? It won't catch and hold on to anything?
KristiLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:44 AM   #13 
1fish2fish

well your filter doesn't pick up the big stuff anyway so only the really small stuff goes through. I haven't ever had any problems with mine. You do have to take the pantyhose off and rinse it bc some stuff will get stuck on there but as far as filtering the pantyhose doesn't affect anything. It will slow the flow down too (thats why I use them).

I think I remember you saying you got the sea deco art nano filter.. you may just want to try this since you already have it and see how it does.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:16 PM   #14 
KristiLee

Ooh thank you!! I'll have to pick some up next time I go to the store! (Hooray for 99 cent panty hose!)
Old 01-10-2010, 02:12 PM   #15 
KristiLee

Oh, and could i also use the panty hose to cover the gap in the cover at the back? Or would it obstruct air flow too much? (Although I really don't think it should)
Old 01-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #16 
CodeRed

I say it would be fine (: Better that than to find out that your betta decided it wanted to fly, and didn't quite touch the sky.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

lol!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:54 PM   #18 
1fish2fish

It cant hurt.. you could also try a piece of colorful plastic mesh (you might be able to find a color that matches your tank lol).. this also comes cheap and its a great tool in making dividers and covering up holes in the hood. (I use it to keep my snails from a wandering LOL).
Old 01-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #19 
KristiLee

Alright thanks! And the tank is black so I don't think it'd be that hard to find something that matches lol. Before the panty hose idea, I was planning on just buying a cheap fish net and cutting out a piece to cover it with. So many options =)
Old 01-11-2010, 06:18 PM   #20 
Scienceluvr8

Did you return the Red Sea filter? I have that for my minibow and I love it! I also have the 2.5 gallon, in purple, and I immediately replaced the filter it came with....I think its the Tetra whisper filter, anyway it was horrible, too bulky and it damaged my betta's dorsal fin. So, I would reccomend using the Red Sea Nano Deco Art Filter.
Scienceluvr8 is offline   Reply With Quote