Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #11 
dr2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
@dr2b. Those commercials you see on TV are usually for HSUS, and NEVER donate to them. They don't support humane societies, and use to money for campaigning and such. If you ever desire donate to a humane society, or ASPCA or some kind, DO NOT DONATE TO HSUS (Humane Society of United the States), because your money will NOT be helping animals who need it. I found this out, and it really shocked me, because they make it seem like the money you're giving will help places with animals.
Oh I know not to donate to them. I never donate to any of those TV things. If I do, it's the one at Petsmart when I am checking out for homeless animals. I never trust the TV ads.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:58 PM   #12 
SummerOj

I signed the petition and added the facebook stuff. Its so heart breaking....
I wouldnt mind dragging that disgusting man around with my truck.
SummerOj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:20 PM   #13 
sunkissedinCA

i signed it. oh god, that's absolutely heartbreaking and disgusting. i just don't understand how people can be so cruel! the thought of that happening to any of my dogs or any of my animals in general literally makes me sick to my stomach. i can't watch those commercials, every time they come on i freak out and either leave the room or change the channel. i can't even visit the websites to help animals because some of them have pictures of what they do to animals on it and if i see them, i wont be able to sleep. i'm going to be posting the link to the petition on my facebook and myspace, this poor dog deserves for that monster to be brought to justice.
sunkissedinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:07 AM   #14 
Owlets

I'm a huge dog/animal lover, and things like this make me sick. Animal cruelty is one thing I cannot tolerate, this makes me so angry. I'll be signing this and posting it to my facebook. Thanks for spreading this C:
Owlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #15 
1fish2fish

Thanks you all! Every little bit helps.

To the person that said the petition's usually don't work... at least we're trying.. its not like we can all drive over to Colorado and protest outside the courts.. SOMEONE will see this and know that people DO care and that people DO want the animals that were tortured, killed, mistreated to be vindicated.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:03 PM   #16 
sunset

Well said 1fish2fish!
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:10 PM   #17 
Livelifelaughlove

Signed and added of FB. That is sick and makes me sad
Livelifelaughlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #18 
1fish2fish

thanks livelifelaughlove and sunset.

Signatures have gone up over 10,000 more since I signed so word must be traveling fast. According to the facebook page there is also some sort of law they're trying to pass.. dunno what it is though but I imagine its something animal cruelty related.

Everyone who is appalled by this should look up the animal cruelty laws in their own state/province... if there is something you don't like write a letter to your rep... what could it hurt? Who knows maybe your letter could lead to stricter laws and penalities.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:50 AM   #19 
onekatietwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
@dr2b. Those commercials you see on TV are usually for HSUS, and NEVER donate to them. They don't support humane societies, and use to money for campaigning and such. If you ever desire donate to a humane society, or ASPCA or some kind, DO NOT DONATE TO HSUS (Humane Society of United the States), because your money will NOT be helping animals who need it. I found this out, and it really shocked me, because they make it seem like the money you're giving will help places with animals.
Just an FYI, in case some people didn't know that =/ It's really sad that they mislead people like that.
While this is true, they usually do disclose (in fine print) the percentages of their donations as far as what they go to. You're right, HSUS spends a significant portion of campaigning and awareness. However, I don't think it is entirely misleading, either. They do campaign for better laws and they do raise awareness to an issue that otherwise might only be noticed by extreme animal lovers.

Just a bit of a side note there.
onekatietwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:02 AM   #20 
onekatietwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Thanks you all! Every little bit helps.

To the person that said the petition's usually don't work... at least we're trying.. its not like we can all drive over to Colorado and protest outside the courts.. SOMEONE will see this and know that people DO care and that people DO want the animals that were tortured, killed, mistreated to be vindicated.
Online petitions really usually do nothing.
However, they can be useful if there is somebody behind the petition really trying to get the issue out there. That seems to be the case with this one. I think they might even present it in court.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14112631

What sickens me is that the idiot got out on 5,000 bail. That's nothing. Ugh.
onekatietwo is offline   Reply With Quote