Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2010, 06:05 PM   #11 
Noko

When I came home today, he ate (YAY!!!) a few pieces of his food, and started swimming. He looked happier, still stressed though. He still looks dullish, but more of a greenish blue now. Not the brown he was the other day.

The thing I have him in is a thickish net, so he can't really see out of it. I tried to see through it, and everything got all blury and white. I don't think I would be able to get a heater before I am able to set up a new tank and cycle it. The only petstore that has heaters with a low enough wattage is Petco, and that is about 30+ minutes away, and my dad doesn't like going shopping once he is home. I don't want to go to Petco also because of the pretty fishies there. I might want to take a few home with me. Petsmart doesn't have the selection of fish like my local Petco does. Petco is where we (me and my mom I think...) got the now 10 year old fish who has moved house to house a few times XD

I will try to get a heater though. I was looking for one a few days ago. I think I found a 7 watt one. I couldn't adjust the temp if I got it though. One of those one temp only ones.

I feel really bad for putting him through all this stress. I am sure me stressing him out is better than the petstore killing him though. He is only my second betta though. I have to do more research, and get some more experience before I am going to get another betta. I think I will mainly stick to neon tetras untill I become an expert with the care of bettas.
Noko is offline   Reply With Quote