Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #11 
BettaSCHmacK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJean View Post
Just so you know, your betta won't be "friends" with anything. They'll tolerate each other, but they won't interact with each other. Betta aren't social fish; they're social people. You are probably your bettas best friend, because you don't have fins.
i like that. my betta always knows when its me and when its time to eat. he'll look through the glass and flare up for a second and wait patiently at the top for the food. its kinda cool.

as far as the corys, i guess i'll have to wait till i get my bigger tank up and running so they will have more space and i can put together little caves and hiding spots for everyone. wow, keeping fish is almost as expensive as keeping a dog. so many future plans.

i was watching a video on youtube and there was a tank with a betta and 3 corys. and boy do they stick together. the betta kept following them with his eyes but i seen no agression. plus it was a 20g tank. id like to try it one day. any other type of fish i might be able to put in there besides corys?
BettaSCHmacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:38 PM   #12 
veganchick

Ghost shrimp are always fun little additions, but some bettas tend to eat them... (mine don't, but I've heard of it happening before) 3 ottos would be a choice for a very well cycled well planted tank that size.... Maybe three cherry barbs (be careful though, the bright colors might aggravate your betta, but mine are all great with cherry barbs, and cherry barbs are super easy to care for! Plus they are adorable!!!!!!)
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:13 PM   #13 
BettaSCHmacK

Thanks for the info. I will research the otto's and the cherry barbs. I really want to give my guy some friends. =)
BettaSCHmacK is offline   Reply With Quote