Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #11 
FuulieQ

That's the problem, he didn't have one in that small tank, and I had no room to give him a place.... so I ended up moving him back to the salty tank. I can't tell if that was a good idea or not.... ugh, I'm so worried about over stressing them.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:19 PM   #12 
DragonFish

Ahh, I see.... what all do you have in the tank with your betta right now as for as decor goes?
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #13 
FuulieQ

It's pretty awful, all that's in there is a little crappy fake tree that can probably rip his fins. It's glued to the bottom and I can't get it out. I got all this as a present, and the container he's in is way too small, I've planned an outing tomorrow to see if I can get a nice five gallon and hopefully fix some of this mess.

I'm really kind of afraid to try to return all these fish by myself, just when they've adjusted to the 10 gallon.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:58 PM   #14 
DragonFish

Ahh, I see....Yes, hold off on putting him with the ADF until you can get a five gallon....also, those little, plain, clay pots you find at craft stores make wonderful and cheap caves for both bettas and ADFs ;)

I know its hard, but those fish wouldn't live happy, long lives in a tank that small together :/ It wouldn't be long before things start going wrong, its much better if you take them back....and perhaps talk to the owner of the petstore(if its a local place and not a chain store), tell he/she that you did some research and the information that they gave you was very incorrect....perhaps they'd be willing to listen and learn. I find people are a lot more willing to do so then many give them credit for.

Another option you have that I just thought of....after all those fish are returned, you could always keep the betta in the 10 gallon with a couple ADFs ;) I'm sure he'd love the extra space, and you don't have to go out and buy a whole new tank.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:38 AM   #15 
Shadow6558

I have three mollies in with my beta Dracos (In avie) and Dracos will occasionally flare at the silver and Black molly, maybe a little chase if they get in front of him, but that's about it. I also have a dalmatian molly and Dracos and Pongo are always by each other, usually Pongo will try to squeeze in next to Dracos in tight spots, it's quite funny, but I've never seen Dracos show aggression at the dalmatian molly.
Shadow6558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #16 
FuulieQ

Well, I ended up returning the mollies, goldfish and pleco. Now all that's left is the betta and two ADFs. As much as I wanted to put him in the five gallon with the froggers, I saw him nip one the other day, and it made me so nervous I had to go out and buy him a 2.5 gallon. :P

It's a lovely tank, though, it has a filter and a light, and I put some fake plants in there for him to hide in.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #17 
bettamama

Mollies are adorable and do have great personalities. I have 2 mollies and they have always gotten along great with my betta, but my mollies aren't aggressive. Just little pigs. Hope you get everything straightened out.
bettamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #18 
FuulieQ

Aaaaa, you're making me miss my mollies!! They were so cute, and they'd always watch me whenever I was typing in front of the tank. <3

Friedrich pretty much ignores me. :P Though I guess that's better than being terrified of me like he was before.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:51 AM   #19 
bettamama

Yeah, my mollies are close to the foot of my bed, and everytime I get up they will watch me. If I stick my finger in the water they always come nip at it. Especially my dalmation molly, she is sooo cute. She has so much more personality than any fish I've ever had.
bettamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:31 PM   #20 
FuulieQ

Haha! I used to go to a store called Aquarium Adventures all the time, to the point where they started recognizing me. :P And they had an open-top tank with anableps in it. OH MY GOODNESS. Cutest fish EVER. I would always stick my finger in there and wiggle it a little and they'd float over and nibble it, it was SO cute. x3