Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #11 
eMel

The Corys maul the heck out of those algae disks! And I have shrimp pellets I put in every now and again, which leads me to my next question: feeding. My local pet store person told me I should refrain from feeding them more then every four days or so, to include the betta. But looking at posts from other people, it sounds like I'm starving my little ones. Should I be feeding them more often?

As for the ammonia, I bought some Prime and Biozyme to hopefully put things straight. I've already added the Prime, but not the Biozyme. Does anyone have words of caution before I do so?
eMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:29 PM   #12 
vaygirl

Oh, I didn't know that about the algae wafers. I wonder if that would stop Tango from trying to chomp my cories food? Something to consider!

I don't know anything about Biozyme. I used Stability when I first set up my tank which I think is 'sort of' the same thing. My tank cycled fine. I never saw a serious ammonia spike. I don't know if that was the Stability or the fact that I included gravel from an established tank.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:06 PM   #13 
eMel

Alas, I know of nobody else with an aquarium to get bacteria from, so hopefully the Biozyme will take hold.
eMel is offline   Reply With Quote