Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2010, 05:17 PM   #21 
puppyrjjkm

If you wanted a bare bottom you could always spray paint the bottom (the outside of course) so it doesn't look just "see through". There is a website on how to do it, and it looks pretty cool. I think a grainy/tan paint would look best, almost like sand. I will probably do this for my future fry tank. Just an idea :)
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:39 PM   #22 
Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppyrjjkm View Post
If you wanted a bare bottom you could always spray paint the bottom (the outside of course) so it doesn't look just "see through". There is a website on how to do it, and it looks pretty cool. I think a grainy/tan paint would look best, almost like sand. I will probably do this for my future fry tank. Just an idea :)
Hey, that's a pretty good idea!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #23 
puppyrjjkm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
Hey, that's a pretty good idea!
Thanks! Here's the link if anyone is interested. http://www.fishyreview.com/fake_sand.html

Last edited by puppyrjjkm; 01-16-2010 at 11:26 AM.
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #24 
aknight

You could also get a piece of scrapbook paper with river rocks on it from a craft store and cut it to put under the tank.
aknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:55 PM   #25 
veganchick

gravel looks better.. Don't use large rocks as bettas will wedge themselves underneath and get stuck. Barebottom is really good for Bettas with poor immune systems as it stays cleaner.... Its also good if you don't have much time for cleaning :)
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:07 PM   #26 
gahcrazy

I like the spray paint and paper under the tank ideals. Scooter and Slimey seem to be o.k. with this move. slimey protested like two days, wouldn't eat but that didn't last lol... . My three girls are enjoying all that room aprox 8 gallons each. let them runn with each other for 45 mins the other day. maybe i'll put them together when i have nore girls.. anyhow thanks for the ideals, i like the barebottom tanks somewhat. But gravel makes forgetting about wc a lot more easy, which ofcourse is easy on me
gahcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #27 
gahcrazy

Smile

Well, good news. two of the three boys finns are looking much better. or atleast the problem has stopped its' progression. its only been like two weeks, 2 more weaks and it might be time to find a ten gallon to but them it. except for the extra work in keeping the bottom of the tanks looking nice the bare bottom tank has really helped.8)
gahcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:23 PM   #28 
veganchick

good, I'm really liking the sand idea now though! I wanna try!
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote