Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #1 
crow410

Smile aqua 360 tank or mini bowfront tank

im new to this forum but i have alot or fish and i want a betta fish but i want to give him enough room and i need a tank with a filter and a heater or a tank big enough to put them in it it myself but not a 10 gal just somthing small like the aqua 360 tank or mini bowfront tank or enything els like that. also can u have a male and female betta fish in the same tank and what would be the best food to feed it i would like to feed him/them a variety
crow410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum. I would recommend a 2.5 gallon or larger tank. No, you can't house males and females together except for breeding purposes only. That would be a recipe for disaster. One would probably kill the other. I recommend getting a good pellet food like Wardleys or Hikari betta bio gold for your betta's staple diet. You can also feed him frozen or freeze dried bloodworms, daphnia or brine shrimp. Freeze dried food needs to be rehydrated before feeding to avoid digestive problems. These foods are also to be used as once or twice a week treats. I hope this helps.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #3 
1fish2fish

Ok...

Any tank will do but it really should be 2.5 gallons. Don't get any tank that has a bubbler as most bettas won't tolerate it. Make sure the filter is either buffered or has a low flow. Make sure you have fin-safe plants and caves. Bettas need a lot of places to hide in their tanks.

Horizontal tanks are more appropriate than vertical tanks IMO.

Males and females CAN'T be put together except for the specific purpose of breeding.. after the breeding they should be separated.

A good pellet should be your staple food Top Fin, Aqueon, or Hikari Bio-Gold. To vary the diet you can get frozen or freeze dried bloodworms, brine shrimp, or daphinia. Freeze dried food needs to be re-hydrated and only feed 2-3 times a week at most.

Edit... LOL DQ beat me to the punch
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:17 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

lol! Good info, 1fish!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #5 
Rocket

I have mine in the aqua 360 and it suits him great. He has loads of room to swim and makes loads of bubbles for me.....I think he likes it!!!!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:47 AM   #6 
crow410

i think the aquaveiw 360 looks realy kewl but i want a light that helps show off his colors. and has a real filter not just a undergravol one i heard those dont do enything

o and thanks guys lol what are your fish in

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-15-2010 at 05:52 PM.
crow410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:25 PM   #7 
Rocket

Ooooops.....sorry, I've got the wrong tank...mine is an AquaOne AquaStart 360 . Its a 6 gal (uk) with lights in hood and a mini stingray filter ( I replaced the one it came with) .... I dont like undergravel filters myself, but I'm sure some use them with no complaints !!!

Sorry for the mix up and good luck with your search!!!!.
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote