Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #1 
FuulieQ

New ADF! :)

Please welcome Sporkus! :) I got him as a companion to Dorkus and Freedy.

They're in a five gallon tank, I just moved a thermometer and heater in there, so I think they should all be fine. Let's hope Freedy tolerates Sporkus as much as he does Dorkus.

My question is: Sporkus came from the same tank at the same store as Dorkus did. I figure chances are that if they were going to get diseases from each other, or spread something to Freedy, they probably already would have. Should I still quarantine Sporkus for three weeks?

Right now he's in a separate tank until he calms down. I think I'll keep him there for a week or two.
Attached Images

FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:35 PM   #2 
AngelicScars

Cute! I can't wait to get my ADFs!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:41 PM   #3 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Awww SO cute!
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #4 
FuulieQ

Angelic, you're getting some ADFs? That's great! :D!!!!!

Have you heard about the Chytrid fungus, though? Be careful where you get your frogs - happily, though, fish can't catch the fungus. Still, it would be better not to have a moldy frog, I would think. ;D

You should post pics when you get them! Are they going in with one of your bettas?
Old 01-14-2010, 08:49 PM   #5 
Jupiter

I love ADFs, he's so cute.
I wanted to get a pair for Renard in his 5 gallon, but my hood doesn't fit properly so I was worried they'd jump out.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:56 PM   #6 
FuulieQ

Hm, mine haven't been big jumpers. I don't have a proper lid for my 5.5 gallon (Why don't they come with lids?! >) so I've been covering it with notebooks and things. How shoddy of me. xD I hear they are pretty jumpy, though, and I plan on getting a nice lid this weekend.
Renard sounds gorgeous from the description in your signature. :3
Old 01-14-2010, 09:07 PM   #7 
AngelicScars

Oh yeah, I've been planning on getting some for months. I just haven'y been ready until now.
I haven't heard of the fungus, but I've been scoping out ADFs at different locations and there is one place that has very active and healthy looking ADFs. I'm obviously going to buy from them.

I'm planning a tank out just for two ADFs. Ever since I wanted to get them, I wanted two in their own tank. The tank they are going in is the one that I'm making the rock caves/plants for.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:23 PM   #8 
FuulieQ

That sounds great, from what I've learned! Especially the little hidey places. :3 Just watch them closely for the first few months for signs of the fungus. Two months is the incubation time for it. Apparently it's really widespread right now.

I'm so paranoid, I'm sharing the extra with other people. e_e -freaks out-
Old 01-15-2010, 12:04 AM   #9 
1fish2fish

Every time I see and ADF I want one. I could add 1 or possibly 2 to my tank but I need to get it planted first, then I'm adding ghost shrimp (about 5-10). Eventually I'd like to add 1-2 ADF's to make it complete but I think with 2 male bettas and 2 mystery snails adding an ADF would be overstocking. I've read different things though so I'd have to do more searching to be sure.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:19 AM   #10 
FuulieQ

1fish2fish - How big is your tank? All those ghost shrimp with the two frogs might be overdoing it if it's under five gallons. My two froggies are really active, and if they didn't have the whole space on the bottom of the tank to bounce around in, they might be a little fidgety. (this coming from the most novice of novices in the aquarium world :P)

And what do you guys think about the quarantine frog? Is it useless to quarantine him, since I got them from the same store in the same tank within a week of each other?