Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #1 
SweetnSpicy

I got a new Pair -some questions-

Yes, I got a new pair from Victoria Stark, and they are STUNNING! They are a HM marble pair (my weakness!) that is a blue/green base I guess you would call it, and they both have white piebald marking, but the males' is a lot more noticeable. The female also has some red in her. They are my new spawning pair, hopefully, since they are a better betta pair than my imports. Go figure haha.

Well, as some of you may have noticed, I am full of questions. Literally. So, here I go...

1.) Can I condition them together, in a split 20gal filled up about 5-6in? Because I have heard of some people conditioning next to each other, and then removing the divider.

2.) Would it be best to hatch the BBS at around day 3 since they hatched? Also, do you have to soak them in vitamins? I think that they loose most of their nutritional value in a few hours or so after they hatch, right?

I will try to get a decent picture of each of them, and get it uploaded :)

Thank you!
-SnS
SweetnSpicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:43 PM   #2 
HopeInHeart

Sorry I can't help you with any of your questions, but congrats on the new pair! They sound beautiful and I can't wait for pics!
HopeInHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #3 
SweetnSpicy

It's fine, Thanks haha. That is why I love getting birthday money so much, my family is starting to call me the "crazy fish lady". Yeah, I was so excited to get them, I made my mom get me early at school so I could get the mail man, because our school lets out when he comes to my house. I did get the pictures downloaded to my laptop, but I can't get them to upload to any image hosting sites.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:40 PM   #4 
HopeInHeart

You can post them just by uploading them to this site--click post reply, then click the little paper clip icon, and browse for them on your computer, click on it, then click upload. Then click the paper clip again and then click the attatchments.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:38 AM   #5 
SweetnSpicy

Thanks so much! Haha, I never knew that...

Here is my male <33 Still a no name, so name suggestions would be great.

Sorry for the crappy pictures, it was the bubbles from adding water to his tank. He is in a 1gal critter keeper until I get my mom to take me to the LPS and pick up some stuff. Or I will keep him in the plastic tub I bought, at least until I get him set up in another, bigger heated tank. I feel so horrible keeping him in it :(
Also, he won't flare at all. Unlike Thai, he doesn't flare too much. Thai is a flaring machine. But I guess he needs to settle down a bit.

AND!!! Here is my girl! Also, a name is needed :)

Sorry for the icky pictures! Again, haha. She is now floating in a "breeder trap" that I bought a while back, in my sorority, because I didn't want her in an unheated tank ATM. My male is going to get the 15gal tub hopefully. My CT girl who looks a little like her, just a different tail type, different blue coloring, and less red, and no white... lol is hanging around her. Her stress stripes went away, so that is good. She has a rough and tough personality I think. She flares at you when you look at her in the tank.

So, that is my pair. Better pictures to come! Hopefully...
Old 01-16-2010, 11:41 AM   #6 
HopeInHeart

You're welcome! And wow, I love your male's face. I'm a sucker for those high-contrast marbles.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #7 
SweetnSpicy

Haha, thanks! He is a looker, and I am a sucker for marbles, too. They look a lot more alike in RL though...
Old 01-16-2010, 12:03 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

They're beautiful!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #9 
Betta Fish Bob
Banned

I never saw an ugly marble. They are awesome!

How about Blue Boy or Ice for the male, and Jasmine for the female?

I hate trying to name other people's fish. What sounds good in my head does not look right in print!

Elizabeth
Betta Fish Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:55 PM   #10 
SweetnSpicy

@ dramaqueen - Thanks! Hopefully this spawn attempt will go as planned lol

@ Betta Fish Bob - Me either! It took me a while to convince my mom to let me buy them, so I was worried someone else would snatch them up because they are so kick butt!
Ice is a good name, I will be sure to keep it in mind! Jasmine is a good name, too. My old riding instructor's dog was named Jasmine...