Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-20-2014, 09:08 PM   #1 
Laki

New tank plan/questions- Riparium

This weekend if all goes well, I am getting my new tank. If I have to buy it new at petsmart it will probably be a 20g. I am picking up some new plants for it and plan on using organic soil on the bottom capped with gravel. I have a question, can I get my frogs on the same day?

If I get a 20g I would like to have 3 or 4 ADF. The plan is to set it up as a riparium so the tank will only be 3/4 full and heavily planted in the water as well as the non-aquatic plants. If it sets well I would love to add a trio of gouramis to it.

What are the some plants which don't need co2?

How quickly should the plants take to the soil?

How long will it take for the soil to settle in the water?

What's the difference in LED and CFL lighting? Because I know CFL are good but I'm not sure at all about LED and I don't know what type of hood I am getting.

If the ADF jump out and get on the riparium plants (out of water), how long will they be okay before they jump back in water?

Will a trio of blue gourami's be an okay match depending on their personalities? Or should I wait and just put FernBack in there?

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...AvailInCA%2FNo

What about this tank and the perks in it?

Last edited by Laki; 02-20-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:39 AM   #2 
PuckFanLA

If you have a local PetCo they are having a sale on plants and fish this weekend 22nd and 23rd, 50% off.
PuckFanLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:59 AM   #3 
Laki

That would be excellent if I was in USA :< darnit. Canada doesn't have any petco.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:24 PM   #4 
PuckFanLA

I'm glad there are no PetCo's in Canada! If the USA had won the hockey game today I'd probably feel differently abut that though. Kidding of course, I love Canada, good luck Sunday going for gold.
Puck
PuckFanLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:38 AM   #5 
Laki

Nope, no petco's. Frankly, I am glad for that. We only have PetSmart and Pets Unlimited in Newfoundland and PU is atrocious in its care for animals and are notorious for hiring morons. And they have not been the same since the public lobbied and got puppy mill dogs taken out of their store, the owners are rude and lie to people.
Thanks! We're goin' for GOLD!!

Back on topic, I don't know if I'll be able to start my riparium this week because we're getting snow and then freezing rain. Today was the only day I could go :<