Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2010, 06:44 PM   #11 
CodeRed

Good choice with the CKs. If you get the right ones, they can be such a blessing. 8 out of my 10 fish are in CKs, and I plan to upgrade the other two ASAP. They're easy to clean, CAN look nice, have good sizes, and have lids (my favorite :P) Although, some CKs are complete trash, so be sure to look around before you pick one. In my town, the REAL CKs are horrible and break easily, but some off-brand CKs are amazing (I have them). Be careful when choosing :3
Oh, and good luck with the new one, when/if you get one! :3 I'm looking for another one myself these days... I have an empty 5 gallon to set up :D
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:09 PM   #12 
puppyrjjkm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
We'll give you permission to keep him on your desk, as long as your homework gets done!! lol Just teasing.
Haha thanks DQ :) And thanks for the insight everyone! Going to Petsmart Thursday I think, hopefully they'll have a new shipment. They've had the same bettas the last 3 times I've been! I may just save the $10 or so for a KC and setup my 5 gallon again hehe (and just not tell the parents ) just kidding, I'll be taking down my 10 gallon soon so I'm sure they'll give me a little "lee way" and let me have my 5 gallon haha. They're trying to cut down on electric bills because off all my fish tanks! So a light and heater shouldn't be too much!

I'm sure the new guy would prefer a 5 gallon anyway. I'll probably still skip on filtration since it is a lot easier to clean without one (in a small tank like a 5). So excited! Then maybe a few ADF's I've been wanting?? Haha I love fish keeping, I just can't stop!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #13 
Jupiter

I have a 3.3 gallon Critter Kreeper that's serving as a new home for two of my boys. No complaints so far! It hasn't scrtached yet (wish I could say the same for my Minibow...), has a lid, and it's cheap!

Edit: Lol puppyrjjkm, I tried the 'setting up without letting anyone know' thing once. Well my aunt found out, and she was angry! Lesson learned, lol.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #14 
veganchick

I personally prefer critter totes (knock off critter keepers) to kritter keepers because they hold up better, cost less, look the same, and don't scratch as easily :)
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:08 PM   #15 
puppyrjjkm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
Edit: Lol puppyrjjkm, I tried the 'setting up without letting anyone know' thing once. Well my aunt found out, and she was angry! Lesson learned, lol.
Haha yeah I'm sure they wouldn't be too happy if I did it without asking, so I'll be sure to ask first! I think it'll be okay but *fingers crossed* Do any of you guys leave your KC or I guess Critter tote, was it, bare bottom? I'm thinking it would be even that much easier to clean. But do bettas prefer gravel?
Old 01-19-2010, 10:26 PM   #16 
SummerOj

I put a thin layer of gravel in mine, just to hold my plants and it looks better.
SummerOj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:46 PM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have glass gems in mine.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:07 AM   #18 
Jupiter

I'm not sure if bettas would mind, really. It's up to you. I'm neutral to bare bottom looks. The great thing is that they're far easier to clean. Some people prefer substrate. It's really up to you...

I was actually thinking of making my 10 gal barebottom, just because I have so many girls some of the gunk gets left un noticed by me. It would be a llot easier to see and clean the waste off a bare bottom tank.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:42 AM   #19 
puppyrjjkm

Okay, so many things to think about! haha Would ADF's mind bare bottom?
Old 01-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #20 
doggyhog

Nah... they can actually find food better with a bare bottom.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote