Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2010, 12:02 PM   #1 
ThePearlFish

Petsmart upgrade

I am so proud of my Petsmarts close by! The bettas that they had before were the tiny cups (that had like the only handfuls of water for the bettas where they could barely swim in a circle). But last time I went they doubled the size of the cups they are housed in now. Now, they can swim in circles easier and have more water and space to swim in. Yea, the cups are still on the smaller side and they don't have the space to house them in small tanks, but they are a lot better than they were in the past. Plus, they look more healthy than previous shipments looked after a while of care from the staff. (I also have to add they have made more space for the smaller animals too!) So, they obviously are trying to care for the animals better than they were in the past at least.

I see more variety of colors and tail variations of bettas from them lately too! (Almost got a pretty green/turquoise guy :P but my tank wasn't set up yet :( )

Anyhow, I hope these changes mean that there is hope for some pet stores! Just thought to share with you all :)

~TPF
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:04 PM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

That's good! I hope so too, but we'll just have to see.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:09 PM   #3 
Ulyaoth

The petsmart where I bought my tank the bettas looked horrible in. The Petco they seemed healthy and well cared for even in the small little tubs they had there, but from my few dealings with the lady running the fish section at that store she seemed in general to actually be pretty knowledgeable.
Ulyaoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:18 PM   #4 
Kitch3ntools

Ulyaoth - same with my petco the guy who works in fish has been there for atleast 3 years because ive been going to them from the time i moved up here and i always work with him. hes really great. sadly their female bettas dont seem to look too perky :( and they have either red, blue, or red and blue VTs (i may have come late in their shipment and the diff colored ones are all gone)
Kitch3ntools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:23 PM   #5 
diruak

I actually went to PetSmart the other day and I was amazed at the bettas I saw. There was probably around 40 of them there, I only found 1 dead one, and the most GORGEOUS colors I've seen. I saw this super shiny pink one, and an orange crown tail!, and very pretty multicoloreds. I've never seen that kind of variety at petsmart before, it's always been blue or red.
diruak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #6 
lilyrazen

I don't but form petsmart, since they purchase all their animals from RAInboe Pets, and that is one horrible place. I only buy bettas from my petco, they always have beautiful, healthy ones on the oceanside locations.(hence my halfmoon, Sunny)
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

I hope my Petsmart upgrades.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:35 PM   #8 
FuulieQ

That's great!! Someone must have gotten to them!! :)
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:36 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

I wish Petsmart had halfmoons.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #10 
FuulieQ

ME TOO. I've always wanted one.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote