Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-07-2015, 10:50 AM   #1 
hannat

New EE HMPK!

At least, I think he's HM. When I released him into his tank he didn't trust the gravel. Or the plants. Or the walls. Or anything. I'm pretty sure fully flared he'll be a true HM.
A couple of days ago, BettaStarter24 sent me a picture of a beautiful, healthy EE HMPK at PetSmart. The poor guy has chewed off most of his pecs due to stress.

After finishing our shift at our internship (we both opened yesterday) she drove me over to PetSmart to 'just look' at him. Needless to say, he's now exploring his temporary home of a medium KK. He'll get at least a 3 gallon tank within the week; I close a few times this week so I just have to find time to drive out to PetSmart. I didn't like any of the tanks the PetSmart she found him in was offering. I'm hoping that in the new tank he'll let his pecs grow back.

I had basically everything to set up another fish (gravel, silk plants, the KK, etc.) and my thought process was, "Hell, I'm already in this deep. Why not?"
No name yet.
hannat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:01 AM   #2 
InStitches

beautiful boy! congrats and I hope those fins grow back quickly for you :)
InStitches is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:08 AM   #3 
hannat

Thanks very much, and I hope so too! Especially since the last EE I bought came home with severe nitrite poisoning... I tried everything in the book but the poor guy didn't make it. At least he passed in good water conditions.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:05 PM   #4 
tiffanylucky

What water conditioner are you using? When my male clowntail has fin rot (I've noticed that clowntails are more prone to getting fin rot) I just use Ap stress coat and his tail heals quickly. Also have you ever tried drawing on your bettas tanks with dry erase marker? My sassy female throws flaring fits.
tiffanylucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:08 PM   #5 
tiffanylucky

She hates when I draw on her tank. Also are you going to teach him any tricks?
tiffanylucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:10 PM   #6 
themamaj

Beautiful EE! I have one very similar but with more grey coloration. They are very fun fish to watch with those special EE fins. congrats on new boy!
themamaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:41 PM   #7 
BettaStarter24

We both use SeaChem Prime as water conditioner.
BettaStarter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 05:06 PM   #8 
hannat

He was moved into a 5 gallon crescent tank this morning and oh my goodness is he ever a half moon! I don't have near the plant coverage I would like yet (only two midgrounds and a foreground) but for now I believe he is content. The orange lid was covering the feeding hole as it is a bit large for my liking. This is currently my largest tank, but I think it will be for the better as it is less maintenance overall.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:59 PM   #9 
BettaStarter24

I adore the 5 gallon tank (I have the same one for my boy Angel) and the filter on its lowest setting is so gentle! and so silent!
BettaStarter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:41 AM   #10 
Innerbeauty

He has beautiful coloring! :D

The crescent tank looks nice. :) Just don't put anything with a suction cup on it unless you want to leave it there permanently - it will leave a mark. I have the 3 gal and love it, but I did scar it :(
Innerbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ee hmpk, multicolor betta, new betta