Betta Fish Forum banner

R.I.P Shiro-chan....

1K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  AlexXx 
#1 ·
Yup, hes gone....passed away not an hour ago. Still don't know what happened or how he died, I suppose it was something internal because he'd been refusing to eat. Still unsure if this had anything to do with my Critter keepers....Ed is still fine....

I won't say much more, can't even hardly bring myself to look at pictures of him....he was such a special boy to me for many reasons....

R.I.P Toshiro Hitsugaya....my little Shiro-chan..

See less See more
#10 ·
Thank you guys so much, it really means a lot to have the support of others who understand why I love these fish so much...Haha, I'm crying again now...but you guys are so wonderful*hugs*

Haha, thank you, though his name comes from one of my all time favorite anime(Japaneses cartoon)characters, Toshiro Hitsugaya from Bleach(who is nicknamed 'Shiro-chan' by his best friend). Just one of the many reasons why he was so special to me...

I'm sorry, DF. It seems like Shiro really had a connection with you, and it's not fair that it got cut short. Are you getting all of these bettas from the same place? If so, I'd switch to somewhere else, in case it's because of the supplier. You never know, they could all have had some internal parasites that traveled with to your house.
I'm sorry for the loss. RIP, Shiro.
Thank you CR....Yes, I had a very special connection with Shiro-chan....he lived right next to my computer and I spent a lot of time with him, talking to him, all that crazy fish lady stuff....this was almost as hard as loosing Sasuke, and thats saying something...

I was really worried that it might be my LPS as well, all my fish that have passed on are indeed from there....but theres really nowhere else to go around here, Petsmart and Petco are an hour+ away and my LPS has really nice quality and unique stock for the most part....Ed, Al, and Smore are from my LPS and they're doing great...absolutely thriving. I dunno, we'll see on Ed and Al...Al has been with me for almost a month now though....

But, from now on I think I'll be just concentrating on breeding and my fry, maybe saving up and getting something off AB later....

Again, thank you all for your support....It really does mean a lot to me. :)

#6 ·
I'm sorry, DF. It seems like Shiro really had a connection with you, and it's not fair that it got cut short. Are you getting all of these bettas from the same place? If so, I'd switch to somewhere else, in case it's because of the supplier. You never know, they could all have had some internal parasites that traveled with to your house.
I'm sorry for the loss. RIP, Shiro.

#8 ·
NO!!! :C He was such a beautiful fish! And how cute, flaring at the figurine! ;n;

Rest in peace, little guy.

#12 ·
Gah, I know....this is getting frustrating :/ The thing is, some of them I do know how they died and others I don't....and I still have several bettas that are just thriving like no tomorrow. I'm not sure what could be going on....maybe its true that the more recent shipments of my LPS's bettas have something funky....geez, i'm going to be watching Al and Ed like a Hawk from now on.....if they die, I think I'm going to go talk with them....

#14 ·
Poor Shiro! RIP. :-(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.