Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #1 
Jupiter

New girl!

I said I wouldn't get any more girls after Aigis, but I think even I should know by now that I never keep my word...

Since my only class started at 6 PM, I went and had a 'fish day', lol. I went to a few different pet stores and looked at the fish. I went to Big Al's first, because sometimes they stock 'unsual' bettas (anything apart from VTs and CTs). Sure enough, they had two king bettas! I had never seen those before, they were HUGE!

And omg! Someone had reserved a GORGEOUS black orchid HM. I was so jealous...I hope he has a happy life with whoever's coming to pick him up.

The other HM they had was yellow and a little meh...his fins were in bad shape.

I went to Petsmart a little ways away, and that's where I got my girl. She looked a little poorly and her fins were clamped and ragged. I felt bad for her, so I bought her. But just now that I've put her in her tank, her fins weren't as bad as I thought! But she is stressed, reaaaallly pale periwinkle (I think she'll brighten up to blue when she regains her colours). She hightailed it to the plants behind the cave. We'll see how she fares. She's a decent size, a little bigger than Bambi, so I think she should be okay.

Here is a bad webcam shot of her. She had more water in her container, don't worry! But I spilled like half of it while I was trying to hide her in my bag so my aunt wouldn't see when I got home. Turns out it wasn't necessary, since she had gone to the movies.

Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:32 PM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

She's so cute! I would LOVE to have a black orchid.lol
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:00 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Congrats! She's very pretty!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:24 PM   #4 
AlexXx

nice! :D I just got a new girl too, cant wait to add her, i usually quarantine them for a week or so to make sure they dont have any illness.
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:28 PM   #5 
Jupiter

Yes, quarantining is a very good idea.
I tried to talk my aunt into letting me buy a quarantine tank, but she laughed and said I was spoiling my fish. So hopefully if she`s not feeling to well, the clean water + salt will be enough to help her...

Edit: So far she`s been hanging around Roald Dahl`s breeding trap a lot and staring kinda lovingly at him, lol. Might call her Quentin Blake, in that case...:P
Old 01-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #6 
BakaMandy

Awww! x3 Ahaha, she sounds like a sweety :P And already flirting with the boys? Sounds like she's pretty healthy to me xDDD lol

Ohh and big als had Kings?! Awesome Dx I was just there two days ago but my friends kept me away from the betta fish section (since they know how bad I am >_>)!

They also have a tendency to get a lot of black orchids it seems O-o;

Last edited by BakaMandy; 01-20-2010 at 11:01 AM.
BakaMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:02 PM   #7 
Betta Fish Bob
Banned

Lol! That's so funny, hiding her so your Aunt will not see! Well, at least bettas are a healthy addiction.
Betta Fish Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree! I tell people it's better to be addicted to bettas than something else! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #9 
Eolith

I totally had to hide the last two bettas I got too. ^_^
Eolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:14 PM   #10 
Jupiter

Yeah, that is true! I should mention to my aunt that I could be addicted to far worse things! Though I don't like drinking...

She seems to be doing well so far. None of the girls are really picking on her, but she still spends most of her time in the plants. She isn't interested in eating yet, either.

On another note, M.A.C blew his first bubblenest! He built it by his plant, and it is kinda foamy! I wish I could take pics. :P