Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2010, 12:09 AM   #1 
SummerOj

Discoloring?

I thought joshy might have a fungus thing because thats how my adolf died and well, im not sure if its an infections, hurt scales or what? Its not the lighting either, I checked, so here's the best picture I got of him and the weird color. What do you guys think?
SummerOj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:13 AM   #2 
SummerOj

I was looking through old pictures and I saw he had a little bit of that color but it wasnt as different colored as this?
Old 01-21-2010, 04:39 AM   #3 
louu

Hello!

Im not even sure if i can help but i do have a couple of questions:

Is he acting any different to usual?

How long has he had the patch?

How would you describe it (is it the actual scales is it something on the scales etc)

:)
louu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:04 PM   #4 
ledosholas

i'm sorry i don't know what could be wrong, but i was hoping you could help me. you see my jasper has been steadily loosing his color and i his gills look white but i think the white showed up after he started loosing his color is this anything like what happened to your adolf? i'm treating his for fungus now but i'm not sure he has a fungus.
ledosholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #5 
SummerOj

Louu - He isnt really acting different, he's always just sat in a favorite spot most of the day, then sometimes comes out and swims around. Hm, I noticed the patch on Monday. And it might be his scales, but its really hard to see.

Ledosholas- I'm not sure what could be wrong with jasper. But Adolf was a goldfish so I didnt know any color loss, he just sat at the bottom of his tank (VERy unusual) and I found him dead with some weird growth on him the next morning.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:26 PM   #6 
louu

ok to be honest im not very experienced and i dont really know and i was more intending that my questions would help more experiences betta keepers answer your question sorry!

If its the scales and he isnt acting funny and it hasnt grown in the past week or so then im not sure what to do it the only thing i can think of is perhaps a problem in diet or old age (but thats most likely not it) just make sure it doesnt become cobweb like or that it becomes a bump and protrude but i think you will have to what for some one else to shed light on your situation in the mean time read up on your fishy illnesses its a sticky in diseases and emergency though im sure you have found it :)

sorry i couldnt help more I think activity has been a little low at the moment on this site
louu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:35 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Is it fuzzy looking or does it seem to be spreading?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote