Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2010, 11:50 AM   #1 
Noko

Question Best way to divide a 10 gallon

Okay, so I am thinking about getting another betta. This time I want to get an orange HM. I fell in love with one a few weeks ago, but it's too late now to get the one I wanted.
My question is how many times could I divide a 10 gallon tank (I was thinking just dividing it into two 5 gallon sections would be best). If I can SAFELY get away with dividing it into 3 sections I would love to do that... What do you think?
Also, I was wondering how to make the dividers. I found a few good ways, but I wanted to know what you thought was best way to make a divider.
My LAST question is if you knew of any breeders that had any healthy bettas (preferably HM) for a decent price. I don't want to go above $20 for one betta (excluding shipping). I will be paying for the betta myself, and I am running low on money. I don't want to end up at Petsmart, Petco, or Walmart because I don't want to promote the way they are keeping their fish.

Thanks for your time!!!
Noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #2 
Jupiter

You could divide it into 4 if you really wanted to! That's 2.5 gallons per fish.

I don't have the link for making dividers, but it's very simple. All you need is plastic mesh from a place like a craft store, or Walmart. They sell them for knitting. I got mine at Michael's for 69 cents a sheet! Then you just cut it to adjust the fit into your tank.
You can also buy something to secure it, used for binders, but the name of it has escaped me. Lol. Hopefully someone can post the link up for you.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #3 
kuklachica

Dividing a 10 gal 3 ways is fine. Mine worked very well like that (until I upgraded to a 20 gal). That gives each fish 3.3 gallons which is great. Here is a link to homemade dividers (which are what I made and use and haven't had any problems with): http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/

I would check out aquabid.com and look for the seller "orlandoguy" some people have bought from him here and have had great experiences. His prices start around $6 and doesn't charge shipping.

Good luck!

Last edited by kuklachica; 01-24-2010 at 12:57 PM.
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:30 PM   #4 
Noko

I think I will divide it three ways. I will put my current betta in the middle, and I am going to get a DT and a HM.

I just fell in love with another betta. Too bad I can't get it. I really need to stop looking at all these bettas on aquabid.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #5 
Jupiter

I know! I wish I could buy them all...so stunning.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #6 
Noko

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...sdt&1264437006

That is the most gorgeous betta I have seen. He would go so well in my tank. Someone needs to buy him for me XD He is the one I fell in love with earlier. <3