Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2014, 09:55 AM   #11 
IanHulett

Unfortunately, I have no cameras anymore. I cannot get any pictures. That's one of the reasons I'm trying to get a job, so I can get one but employers value work experience over your training (even if it's the training required for the job). You can have the training necessary for the position, but if you have a very short job history, or no job history at all, they throw your application away. Because of their lack of reasoning or common sense as an employer, I laugh in their faces! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! Ahem. Sorry. The camera's I do have take pictures that are SOOOOOOOOOO blurry, you cannot see what's going on. It's rather irritating actually.
IanHulett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:12 AM   #12 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ugg yeah, I really dislike employers like that, I understand a little from where they are coming from but at the same time, just because you don't have much work history doesn't mean that you aren't a good worker! Anyway!!

What kind of camera do you have? Maybe I can help a little, perhaps there are some settings on there that could at least give us some half-way decent pictures! I assume they are digital? If so, do they have a P setting or Program?
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:20 AM   #13 
IanHulett

It's a camera phone on an HTC android.

This is how blurry they are:

It's a picture of Freddy when he died of columnaris. You can barely see the white patches on his sides.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:25 AM   #14 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ah okay, nevermind. That's not a terrible picture though, if you get pictures of the Platy over head just to keep and eye on the eye size, that would be enough. It doesn't have to be perfect, just enough that you can log the differences between day to day and have an idea of what might be helping and what isn't.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:07 AM   #15 
IanHulett

I want to start medicating today but I don't know if the epsom salt I have is safe. Here's a picture from Walmart of the product I have:

Is this safe to use?
Old 03-01-2014, 09:12 AM   #16 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yup! That's the one I use. You will see it says Magnesium Sulfate on it, that's good. In the ingredients it should just be Mg Sulfate, no other additives, scents or dyes, it will be white in color or clearish depending on how you look at it lol but all the same, it shouldn't be purple or blue or something. But yes, I know that brand is safe to use :)
Old 03-01-2014, 09:23 AM   #17 
IanHulett

Okay good. One final thing... hopefully, because I want to get treating, I just remembered why I don't use the 1 gallon tank, without thinking, about a month or two ago, I used it to change water in my columnaris infested tank and I haven't used it for fish since. It's been dry for about that long.

Is it possible that any columnaris bugs that were in there have already died from suffocation and lack of moisture?

Last edited by IanHulett; 03-01-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:32 AM   #18 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

What you can do is get some Rubbing Alcohol from wal-mart or any pharmacy, I use 91% but 70% will do just as well. Then you can (well I put it in a spray bottle for easier application) spray the tank and let it sit with the alcohol for 20 minutes at the minimum. It will be smelly so best to do it in an aerated environment or by a window or something, even outside if you can stand it ^_^ lol and then rinse very well with hot tap water until you can no longer smell the alcohol and then it is ready for use.

The columnaris should have died off though, some diseases will survive such as Mycobacteria but the tank should be safe for now anyway, but if you want to be extra safe, just do the alcohol and you'll be set to use it! I do that after every sick creature that uses a hospital tank if they die or even if they get better, rinse it out with alcohol to sterilize it
Old 03-01-2014, 09:44 AM   #19 
IanHulett

Alright. Thanks. I'll write back in about a week or so to say how things turned out.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:25 AM   #20 
IanHulett

Thumbs up

It must have been a buildup of fluids because it's no longer swollen.