Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2010, 03:06 PM   #1 
puppyrjjkm

Question How to decorate bare bottom tank?

So my 5 gallon is going to have 3 african dwarf frogs in it and a male betta. I am leaving it bare bottom for easy cleaning (but I spray painted the bottom so it looks like sand). I would still like plants and decor but how could I keep the plants from floating? And anyone have other decorating ideas? Thanks
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:38 PM   #2 
SummerOj

well, I buy those heavy decorative little stone things and put them in that little dish like thing the plant is tied to. They stay down pretty well. (eventhough I have gravel, I put he stones on to help keep the plant from floating)
SummerOj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:37 AM   #3 
truthequalslies

you could also get those weights they use for fishing and tie them to the backside of the plant so they wont show though the rock idea might be cheaper depending on the rocks
truthequalslies is offline   Reply With Quote