Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #1 
nochoramet

Check out my 10g!!!

This is my lovely tank! I'm so excited! I know i'm not the best aquascaper, but I am proud of my very first tank :] Please post comments what you think! I'm about to squeal I'm so excited. I want to put the fishies in there NOW! But I know I shouldn't yet. It's so hard though! How long should I wait before putting them in there? I'm running 2 filters right now to get rid of the murkiness and I already put in conditioner... So just let me know what I need to do next :D From left to right it will be Haze, Libby, and then Chance. Chance always has his little Squidward thing lol

Last edited by nochoramet; 02-14-2014 at 04:48 AM.
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #2 
1fish2fish

looks good. Make sure your dividers are 100% secure. Are you cycling with the fish in?
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:59 PM   #3 
nochoramet

I'm getting a better divider material tonight at Walmart, because the ones I have are just to see what it would look like. And yes, I'm going to cycle with my fish in it.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:27 PM   #4 
1fish2fish

sounds good. Make sure you have your liquid test kit. It also helps to get a notebook or something and write down your readings everyday.. that way you can start seeing trends and can predict when your cycle will be over. With 3 fish in a 10 gall your cycle should go pretty fast. I don't know if you're planning to or not but I wouldn't add any tank mates (with the exception of a FEW shrimp if you want them) because 3 fish in a 10 is basically fully stocked... (JMO)
Old 01-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #5 
puppyrjjkm

Very nice tank! Divided tanks are lots of fun :) I didn't wait more than an hour to put my boys in (shame on me). But I had to strip their old tanks when moving them to the 29 gallon. But there was about 12 gallons of old water... anyway I think you would be fine to put them in. Good Luck! :)
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #6 
nochoramet

:D i got the secure dividers in so I guess my babies are ready to go? I'll take some more photos really quick and let yall see!
And thanks for the tips 1fish2fish, :] I've never cycled before so any help is appreciated!
Old 01-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #7 
puppyrjjkm

I would say so :) Just make sure they are adjusted to the water temp before releasing them (but I'm sure you probably already know that). :) Can't wait to see more pics!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:40 PM   #8 
Jupiter

Very nice, I bet your boys will love it! good luck!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #9 
1fish2fish

:) your welcome.. If you have any questions feel free to ask. The main thing to remember is DAILY WATER CHANGES... I can't stress this enough. Its the only way to keep your fish safe. Once you get the dividers set you should be good to add them in.. I can't wait to see pics once everyone is in and settled :D
Old 01-19-2010, 10:15 PM   #10 
nochoramet

Here it is! i had to make some new dividers because little miss priss found her way into Haze's section. I guess I didn't make them wide enuff.

Last edited by nochoramet; 02-14-2014 at 04:48 AM.