Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2010, 05:24 AM   #1 
unlimitedx

Anyone own the Eclipse 3 system?

Is it loud? I'm somewhat interested in getting one for my room, but I'm concerned about the noise that the system might generate from the filter, water dripping, etc.
unlimitedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:14 AM   #2 
veganchick

I don't have one, but my friend does and it is super quite.... I think it would make a great betta home!
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:35 AM   #3 
Eolith

I've got a five gallon Eclipse and it's wonderfully quiet. I'm pretty sure that the five gallon and the three gallon have pretty much the same filtration. In fact, I've got three aquariums in my dorm room where I sleep and they're all quiet enough that I sleep without a problem. There's a soft little tinkling of water and the hum of the air pump I use for one of them, but I find that this ambient noise actually calms me quite a bit.
Eolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:02 AM   #4 
1fish2fish

I have the eclipse 3 and I love it. The filtration is wonderful and its very quiet. Mine sits on my desk right next to my bed and I never have problems sleeping. The only draw back to the eclipse 3 is that the door opens up to the filter so its hard to feed unless you lift up the entire cover.. but besides that its a great kit.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:21 PM   #5 
unlimitedx

Great, thanks!

One more question I have is the heater. Can you recommend me a heater? so far the hydor 25w seems like a good one, but I'm wondering if there are any heaters of this small size that senses the water temperature and turns off when it is too hot (as opposed to being on all the time)
Old 01-26-2010, 07:29 PM   #6 
veganchick

Marineland Mini Heater 10W Shatterproof I use this in my smaller aquariums (1-3g) and it works GREAT! you should definently look into it!
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #7 
1fish2fish

I use a 25w top fin in mine. It turns on and off to keep the temp stable. It takes a little fiddling to get to the right temp but IMO because its so cheap but works well its the only heater I would choose.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I use a Marineland stealth visitherm in one of my 2.5 gallon critter keepers.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:16 PM   #9 
unlimitedx

I bought the tank!

39.99 at petsmart. it was 37.99 2 days ago but I didn't buy it then :( does petsmart do price match if they end up offering a lower price in the next few days or 30 days?

Anyways, I'm cycling the tank right now and I noticed that the water flow from the output is SUPER strong. The flow is strong enough that it is stirring the gravel directly below the output. Is there any quick and cheap way to weaken the flow?

BTW, I haven't bought the betta yet. I want to get a halfmoon but petsmart doesn't stock any :( but they do have some regular ones for 2.99 :D
Old 02-03-2010, 10:44 PM   #10 
1fish2fish

My flow isn't THAT strong but I do have to buffer it. The easiest way is to buy a sponge and attach it to the out flow with rubber bands... but make sure you cut notches into the sponge where the rubber bands are so the sponge isn't wrapped around the outflow but just sits over top of it.

Its kind of hard to explain.. I'll get some pictures of mine and put them up tomorrow afternoon if you like.