Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-30-2010, 08:52 AM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

It really depends on the personality of your betta whether or not he'll tolerate tankmates.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:36 AM   #12 
pretzelsz

Mine acts aggressive towards snails and i want to get a 10 gallon and get 5-6 cory cats. He seems docile but i just changed water for the first time and he is aggressive when my mom went to check it out. Opinions?
pretzelsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:29 PM   #13 
Absltsweets

they have been togehter for about 6 months or so, Ive never seen him so much as nip at any of the corys. So i guess it just depends on the individual betta. maybe if they all go into a new tank at the same time..maybe that will help, if they are all in a new environment?
Absltsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:42 PM   #14 
pretzelsz

My Betta is becoming overly aggresive so i just wanna make another community tank of just cory cats(2 diffrent kinds maybe) maybe a female betta or something
pretzelsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #15 
BettaSCHmacK

i jus added 3 corys to my tank. he loves em. well it seems like he does. he goes up to em and stares at em for a while then swims off. its kinda cool. he seems to stay out of there way. but he always tries to get a piece of there food. he nips at it as it falls to the bottom. i had a ghost shrimp in there too. but i forgot he was in there and sucked him up into the vacuum when i was cleaning the tank this morning. i felt soooo bad.
BettaSCHmacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:54 AM   #16 
FireKidomaru

That's sooooooo cute!!!! It's like all Rhodes stories about like the tiger hanging out with the lamb that you hear about. It's adorable!!!!!!!!
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #17 
vaygirl

It's funny, as I was reading this I actually saw Tango flare at his reflection and one of the nearby corys went like...'AH!' and zipped away quick. Makes you wonder what goes on when you're not around.

I've seen Tango chase them now and again. I've even seem him 'butt' them when they're foraging and he wants to see what they have, but I've never seen him bite them. They've never been damaged in the slightest. It's like he's king of the tank and they know it.

Although one of them just came down the side of the tank and sucked on Tango's dorsal and Tango went... 'AH!' and zipped away this time. Lol!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote